Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- No BHS Visitors today like I warned yesterday. They will be re-scheduled.
9:45 Unity… Alrighty Then….
So this morning’s Unity prep did not go as planned. Last week / this weekend when I was testing my game at home, everything was working fine. Now I bring it into work, everything is working fine, BUT! I can’t duplicate my Path Follow process. Cubez are not following my path exactly the same as my Dragon. This is confusing me. Something I think I need to either fix in my colliders / spawn point or either my code. I am going to show off what I have and where I want us to go.
But I am going to give you the morning SkillsUSA time.
10:00 SkillsUSA Start
This is some supplemental time since Unity is not cooperating like I want it too. I would really like some students and teams to focus on SkillsUSA if that is truly your plan.
- I REALLY want Game Teams to be pushing themselves. Don’t think about what others are making, just hone in our own games.
- Eli is looking for a Web Partner. Does anyone want to do Web Design? May be an “easier” track to SkillsUSA. If so, I would be doing small web page practices. Make a quick 1 sheeter from the ground up ONLY HTML / CSS. See how it goes.
- Animation Teams should look into the 12 Principles of Animation. I would do SMALL and QUICK animations that show off each one of these principles.
All of this can tie straight into Student Specific Studies. Animation a week? New Web page every other? Game Bench marks?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Science w/ Mrs. Ligouri
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Attendance & Site Maintenance / EHS 7/8
12:40 CTE 7/8
12:45 Google 20%
I am giving you all TWO AFTERNOONS this year for google 20%. I did this for two big key reasons:
- Ability to continue projects more seamlessly from week to week.
- Allow every student (who doesn’t leave on both afternoons) to get a google 20% each week.
I truly do feel we make our best work when our creativity can flourish. Set yourself a reasonable SCOPE for a project and go from there.
Self-directed time for a topic of choice. It can be anything CAWD related. Go out, find a couple tutorials, maybe some inspiration for a specific piece of art, or learn a new skill altogether. Rough topics below to maybe help you out:
I’ll be going around at 1:00 every Tuesday & Friday to gather your topics. You can always continue your projects from week to week (I highly encourage that your do!), but I need to see significant progress.
1:35 EHS Bus Students EOD
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.