Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- A Day
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Edit Film Shots
For the remainder of the morning, we will be going over a few basic adjustments for your short films.
Few things we will focus on:
- Adjustment Layers
- Color Grading
- Black Bars
I would like you to overlay your specific type of shot over your own shots. Similar to the video we watched yesterday.
When complete, export and upload your video as shortFilm.mp4 to your week_2 folder.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Light Saber Project– Screenplay
Today we will be starting the ol’ faithful Light Saber project. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos a hundred times, but they are good and funny. One day, you could be the face of CAWD too. Lets start off with teams/groups, jobs and requirements.
Last year’s “Keeping up with the Siths” Really really good example from Alex Goodman’s group last year. Exactly what I am looking for.
- Victor – Harper – Judah – Eric T.
- Nate – Cam S. – Funkhouser – Tristen – Eric L.
- Colton – CJ – Jimmy – Maliki – Cam L.
- Evan – Senghe – Katie – Nolan – Eli
Jobs: (Before Lunch)
- 1 Director (must be organized and confident)
- 2 Actors
- 1-2 Camera People
- 10 Shots
- 1 – 2 Drone Shots (no more)
- 5 different angles – video of good shots
- At Least 45 seconds in length and max 2 minutes
- Shallow DOF
- NO LIGHT SABERS BEHIND CHARACTERS – trust me on this.
This morning we are going to focus of writing our screenplays. I want us all to have a script for us to follow, as winging a film project is not the way to go.
- Te Slugline (Description of scene)
- The Action (Paragraph of what is happening in the scene – Present tense)
- Character Name (Centered – In front of anything the character is about to do / say)
- Dialogue (Quotes – Talk in character voice)
- Parentheses (Basic descriptions that help the dialogue and scene)
When complete upload as screenplay.pdf to your week_2 folder.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Google 20%
I am giving you all TWO AFTERNOONS this year for google 20%. I did this for two big key reasons:
- Ability to continue projects more seamlessly from week to week.
- Allow every student (who doesn’t leave on both afternoons) to get a google 20% each week.
I truly do feel we make our best work when our creativity can flourish. Set yourself a reasonable SCOPE for a project and go from there.
Self-directed time for a topic of choice. It can be anything CAWD related. Go out, find a couple tutorials, maybe some inspiration for a specific piece of art, or learn a new skill altogether. Rough topics below to maybe help you out:
I’ll be going around at 1:00 every Tuesday & Friday to gather your topics. You can always continue your projects from week to week (I highly encourage that your do!), but I need to see significant progress.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- You will post a Photo, Objective, and Challenge into one post