Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- Welcome back to week 2. It’s September already!?
- Any left over paperwork? I am still missing a few. Today is an 80, the highest it will stay.
- Python College class start this Friday AS OF RIGHT NOW. Drawing will start next week AS OF RIGHT NOW. We will all get on the bus together right before class, 9:20. Then we will all head to our classes at CCV while I bounce back and forth between the two classes. When we come back, we will grab lunch and head to afternoon classes.
EHS Early Release
Today is our first go at EHS Early Release. This will happen every Tuesday from now till the end of the school year. Things to keep in mind:
- If you are an EHS student with an afternoon class – You still have to go to that class and be released from there. Please feel free to come back to CAWD for the final 20 minutes of class to get work done.
- If you are an EHS student who rides the bus – You leave @ 1:35 to catch your bus. Attendance taken for students who leave early.
- If you are an EHS student who walks or drives themselves – You stay till 2:05 EOD as normal.
What does this change for the rest of us?
- Earlier lunch (11:50 – 12:20)
- Extra 15 minutes of SM in the afternoon.
- Google 20%’s Tuesday & Friday
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Rule of Thirds
Before we get started using the cameras this morning, you will be reading an article on the “Rule of Thirds”. Read the following article.
11:05 Camera Breakdown
- SD Card
- Shutter Button
- Main Dial
11:15 Let’s Take Photos
When we finish our breakdown of the cameras, we will be going outside to take photos of stuff. Yes, anything. This is to get used to the camera, no photos are being handed in right now. But still save them. We WILL be using them in the future. If you are here for one of the afternoons, we will be using them.
We will be using the buddy system, old school. Pair up, group up with friends. I am only one person so it will be hard for me to monitor all of you at once. One person in the group must be the time keeper. You all must be back at 12:00, ready for lunch. Also so I can account for the cameras, oh and you all as well.
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Attendance and Article
12:25 Site Maintenance
12:30 EHS students Leave for 7/8
12:40 CTE Students leave for 7/8
12:45 Google 20%
This is our first Google 20% of the year. Yes, right in week 2. I am giving you all TWO AFTERNOONS this year for google 20%. I did this for two big key reasons:
- Ability to continue projects more seamlessly from week to week.
- Allow every student (who doesn’t leave on both afternoons) to get a google 20% each week.
I truly do feel we make our best work when our creativity can flourish. Set yourself a reasonable SCOPE for a project and go from there.
Self-directed time for a topic of choice. It can be anything CAWD related. Go out, find a couple tutorials, maybe some inspiration for a specific piece of art, or learn a new skill altogether. Rough topics below to maybe help you out:
I’ll be going around at 1:00 every Tuesday & Friday to gather your topics. You can always continue your projects from week to week (I highly encourage that your do!), but I need to see significant progress.