Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- A Day.
- HW Club starts today. You must let me know before lunch if you need a bus. If you have any late work, HW Club is a great time to get it done. Maybe even mandatory.
- CTE Face to Face is Thursday September 14th at 6pm. Tell family today, make sure you are off work. You bring your family in and you get a letter grade added to your Worker Traits component for the week.
- College classes start this Friday. We will all get on the bus together right before class. Then we will all head to our classes at CCV while I bounce back and forth between the two classes. When we come back, we will grab lunch and head to afternoon classes.
- Sweet SpongeBob vector art.
- We’ve solved every problem…
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Site Maintenance
10:30 Movie Quote Poster Research
Today you will be choosing a movie poster for a famous movie like the work of Jerod Gibson. This movie should be famous enough to be recognized by a single object and it’s quotes. We will all agree as a group if over 75% have heard of your movie and would recognize by a single shape, then you can use it. We are looking for artwork to “hang” on the walls and attract artistic students to CAWD.
Here are some examples from a couple years ago:
This movie poster must be made to look old using a grunge texture from deviant art or other online sources and desaturated colors. The color scheme you chose from colourlovers should fit the movie and help viewers to recognize the movie. And don’t forget when using a color palette from colourlovers you can tone down the colors and feel free to add a gray tone from white to black.
The most iconic / powerful quotes should be largest. So if you choose anchorman your largest quotes should be “I’m in a glass case of emotion.“, “You stay classy, San Diego. I’m Ron Burgundy?” and “They’ve done studies, you know. 60% of the time, it works every time.“
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Movie Quote Poster Digital Creation
Now that you’ve done the majority of your research we are going to get started creating your poster digitally. We will be presenting where we are at on Thursday.
Before we get started in photoshop or illustrator, I want you to look at the examples above and study how they are done.
- How many type faces are there?
- How many variations of size are there on the type?
- How many angles are there?
- How many colors are there?
DO NOT ADJUST ANY OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Vertical Scale
- Horizontal Scale
- Faux Bold
- Faux Italics
Also do not use:
- Free Transform
- Text following a Path
- Warped Text (EG. Arc or Bulge)
- 8.5 x 11 300dpi
- Grunge background overlayed on top of color – Deviantart textures or Texture King
- White border
- Vignette in photoshop. Tutorial Here.
- Character / Object silhouette made with the pen tool. Not a photo. 1 Color
- 20 quotes – example
When complete upload to your week_02 folder as poster.png.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Hipster Logo
You can see an example of this trend at a hipster coffee joint that opened in the NNE this spring. Scout & Co Coffee. (Logo isn’t present on their site anymore…)
Now we will be creating our own version of this. The best one will be printed out and place on the side boards. The tutorial we will be following is on Tim Delger’s blog.
- 6 x 6 / 7 x 7 so on…(square)
- 300 DPI
- Your name in ribbon
- Computer Animation up top
- Web Design on bottom
- EST 1999/2000/2016/2017
When complete upload to your week_02 folder as hipster.png.