Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
What is CTE?
- An opportunity to choose and try a career path, jumpstarting your skills ahead of others.
- Applied, hands on and practical learning.
- Start of the art Labs and Facilities with Industry level resources. (Adobe, Autodesk, HTC Vive, 3D Printer)
- Industry recognized skills, credentials and connections with the “real world” (Web Certification)
- Internships and Paid work Experiences / Job Shadows (Ben and Jerry’s, Dealer.com 9 former students currently work there)
- Job Training / Hours / CWEs
- Embedded and Integrated Credits (Science, English, Fine Arts)
- College / Dual Enrollment Credits (18+ Credits – VTC English, Web Dev, Drawing 1 & 2, Python, Digital Manipulation)
The Computer Animation and Web Design program is designed for students interested in acquiring new media skills and entering the fast paced and rapidly changing areas of Animation, Game Design, and Web Development.
As a supporting role to our core focuses, we also cover Graphic Design, Video Production and Traditional Art as it applies to our industries.
- Computer Animation (Both 3D and 2D)
- Web Design
- Game Development
- Graphic Design
- App Development
- Video and Audio Production
- And much much more
- CAWD Works Page
- Fill out Form
CAWD has a good track record of proving our skillsets. Over the years we have had 3 Golds, 2 Silvers and many bronzes in competitions like Web Design, Game Design, 3D Animation, Pin Design and more.
Facts about creative careers in Vermont over the next 10 years:
- Jobs in design (web design, game design, etc) have increased 45% in the last 10 years.
- Median Salary of:
- Creative Directors – $90,000.00
- Web Developers – $81,820
- Game Designers, and Animators – $62,000.00
- Film and video editors – $66,715.00
- Graphic Designers – $39,860
For our quick activity, we will be jumping into Autodesk Maya, which is a 3D modeling program we use to make Game assets, Levels, Animations or prototypes. Maya is a very strong program and better yet, It’s FREE. For 3 years you can have Maya for free with a student email.
Today we are going to go over the basics of the basics:
- Creating an object
- Altering and Object
Thank you and FREE Give Away!!!
I want to thank you all for visiting us. Please feel free to contact us for any further questions. Lmoore@ewsd.org or Mcronin@ewsd.org. Keep updated with us at CAWDVT.org where you can see what we do on a daily basis and see our student’s works.