Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- Today is the Start of Semester 2! Everyone has an A++ right now. Keep at it! Gosh you are all so smart.
- Jimmy Is in the Top 3! Jimmy’s pin is in the top 3 and will compete at states. I have some notes for you from the judges. We can make minor tweaks.
Candidate was well prepared and practiced. Highly original design. The Barre quarries and granite provided an excellent connection to the state and inspiration for the pin – all from a summer road trip. I like that the candidate identified three design goals and then worked through the iterative process with those goals as the cornerstone to the design. Confident and articulate explanation of the design process and evolution of the pin. When scaling the design for pin size some elements were less visible. The nice granite work and shading did not stand out as much and “Vermont” was not as easy to see. Design suggestion – form the granite into the shape of the state, as the design was almost in that shape already. Presentation was perfect, practiced and informative.
- Late Starts for many schools this morning. Thank you for everyone who arrived earlier than expected. If you arrive late, please find your new seat. Here is the list:
- Snowboarding Gundam? I didn’t know they had free time.
- Pokemon Kitty Cosplay
9:45 New Seats for Q3
- New seats for Q2.
- Tried to pair teams up for SkillsUSA. (Don’t make me regret this)
- Leave keyboards, mice, power cables.
- Take with you art supplies and desk decorations.
- DO NOT DROP THESE iMACS.
10:00 Site Maintenance
- Putting things into corrects folders.
- Naming our documents correctly
- Uploading Videos into the Google shared folders
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Science w/ Mrs. Ligouri
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Google 20%
I am giving you all TWO AFTERNOONS this year for google 20%. I did this for two big key reasons:
- Ability to continue projects more seamlessly from week to week.
- Allow every student (who doesn’t leave on both afternoons) to get a google 20% each week.
I truly do feel we make our best work when our creativity can flourish. Set yourself a reasonable SCOPE for a project and go from there.
Self-directed time for a topic of choice. It can be anything CAWD related. Go out, find a couple tutorials, maybe some inspiration for a specific piece of art, or learn a new skill altogether. Rough topics below to maybe help you out:
I’ll be going around at 1:00 every Tuesday & Friday to gather your topics. You can always continue your projects from week to week (I highly encourage that your do!), but I need to see significant progress.
1:35 EHS Bus Students EOD
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.