Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day??? These Snow Days and Exams are just getting me confused. Mrs. Curtis will know!
- After school HW Club is Canceled. Busses will most likely be canceled any minute now too. Weather is suppose to hit.
9:45 SkillsUSA Design Morning
CAWD1 will be having Wednesday as a big SkillsUSA day. We will try to mimic our days accordingly so students who are working together in C1 and C2 can collaborate. This morning and this afternoon will be time for you to get stuff done. Make it work.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 SkillsUSA Design Morning
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
For today, tomorrow and Friday. We will have extended lunches because of EHS Midterms and C1. Didn’t realize Mr. Cronin made this decision yesterday.
12:45 Stock Footage Animation
This afternoon we will give a go at a project I’ve been wanting to do for a long time, and Senghe solidified that we should with his retweet. We will be creating short animations on top of stock footage.
1. Find Stock Footage
I would like you all to go out and look for some free stock footage. Doesn’t need to be long. Preferably not actually. Videos.Pixels.com is a free stock footage website with pretty darn good quality. Take a moment to browse through those find the clip that best fits your idea.
2. Short Story Board
Next, we need a SHORT storyboard. This should only be 4 stills. Our Initial animation will only be a few seconds anyways. The Snow Leopard is 10 seconds long. Just something to keep in mind.
3. Basics to Animate
Now we can jump to our animation. Few Tips below:
- We don’t NEED to tween. (We can have “shaky” style of drawing, if that fits your style.)
- Don’t do every frame. (Jump say every 4 or 5. This will have a bit “choppy” of a look.)
- Use Onion Skinning
- Simple but good ideas to convey.
We will be working on this another afternoon as well. Animation takes time.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.