Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- This morning we will be having 6 visitors during Site Maintenance. These visitors are from MMU. Show off your Twitters, show off your work, practice something with them. Let them have fun. Visitors 10:05 – 10:25:
- As we are getting closer to application time, more visitors are to come. Please be prepared over the next few weeks (before and after vacation) to have a heavy amount of visitors.
- This week before Game Day and Vacation –
- Monday – SM , Science , MHP Mock Up
- Tuesday – Production , Science , Infographic
- Wednesday -Production , Production , Google 20% (moved for infographic)
- Thursday – Production , Production , Infographic
- Friday – Game Day , Ice Skate
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Putting things into corrects folders.
- Naming our documents correctly
- Uploading Videos into the Google shared folders
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Science w/ Mrs. Ligouri
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:45 Mountain High Pizza Pie One Page Mockup
Mountain High Pizza Pie is a local Jericho Pizza shop owned by a few local Vermonters who purchased the space roughly 10 years ago. Mountain High Pizza is the second client I got to meet with on our snow day last week.
As you may have seen on my free time, I made them a very quick site one late evening chowing down on some of their pizza. This site is TOO MUCH for what they WANT and NEED.
After a quick meeting, it was clear that they don’t NEED a whole lot. Their NEEDS are the two listed below:
- They want people to call in their orders.
- They want people to easily be able to see the menu.
When asking what special bells and whistle do they WANT, they really came back to me with just one answer.
We want all our information to be easy to read on one page. Menu and all. (This is pretty awesome they even understood 1 page scrolling websites… )
We have a good amount of sections we need to compact into a 1 page scrolling website. Here is a list of “sections” on your page in no specific order:
- About Us
- Specials (Just like 3, not too many.)
- Menu (PDF or Listed Menu?)
- Contact w/ Phone (Call to action button somewhere else?)
Document Size – This is a looong scrollable page. The length of your document will change as you design. I would START with a 1920 x 1080, then increase your document down as you continue to design your page. I’ll show you how to do this.
Above is a nice Photoshop mock up VERY SIMILAR to the T-Shirt, Sweaters, or other apparel Photoshop mockups we have used already. You can find a bunch of those HERE if you want to use one. Keep in mind some free some not.
Your design DOES NOT NEED to be on one of those mockups. The mockups may not hold the entire site you create. Just fun to work with and display our work.
When complete, upload as pizzaMockUp.jpg to your week_24 folder.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.