Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- A Day
- SkillsUSA is on April 9th (Leadership) and April 10th (Skills). That is a month away.
- Games should be in playable state very soon.
- Presentations should start to be created.
- Preparation for those 10 minutes, that’s all you have.
- Nolan and Jimmy – Let me know how much practice you want in front of class.
- Web Teams – I would solidify a layout you would want to make. One you could make with no hands….
- Animation Teams – I’d very much recommend the practice of rendering. 8hrs is the ENTIRE competition. Counting Rendering.
- Visitors this morning. Looks like we currently have TWO for first session and ONE for second:
- 10:05 – 10:25
- 11:05 – 11:25
- 10:05 – 10:25
- Quick Infographic made from before vacation inspiration.
9:45 Site Maintenance and Visitors
- Putting things into corrects folders.
- Naming our documents correctly.
- Uploading Videos into the Google shared folders.
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Student Production and Visitors
We have visitors this morning. Continue production time for all students. When the visitor leaves, we will jump into the afternoon work.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:45 inDesign Book Cover / Back
Kids these days are just not checking out books as often as librarians may like. One remedy idea is to make the book covers more appealing to grab peoples eyes.
Don’t Judge a book by it’s cover. Well we do, so we will make better covers…
Your goal is to find a book you like (one you’ve read or one you haven’t) and create an entirely new book cover that may be more enticing to the viewer.
We will be using inDesign to ORGANIZE and ACCUMULATE our book covers. InDesign is not the best program for creating textures, shapes, objects, or really most substantial pieces for design. It’s actually meant for print design, so it’s really only meant for compiling all our assets together in a, well book.
We SHOULD be using Photoshop to manipulate our existing photos, textures, shapes and more. We SHOULD also be using illustrator for creating unique shapes, characters, elements and more. Then we bring those elements over to inDesign and organize all our assets.
Your book cover must include:
- Title and Author
- Design elements that reflect the books theme
- A short Summary on the Back
When complete, upload as bookCover.jpg to your week_25 folder.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.