Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- Mr. Cronin is out, hurt… today. Sprained ankle doesn’t sound like fun. Especially standing all day. I’ll be back and forth in c1 and c2.
- Tomorrow morning we will all be taking the YRSB survey for CTE. Once you are complete the survey, you will have the rest of the time for Site Maintenance.
- Google Game Controller? Cool basic prototyping.
- First level of every Mario Game. Shepherd? Cool stuff I think.
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Putting things into corrects folders.
- Naming our documents correctly
- Uploading Videos into the Google shared folders
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Science w/ Mrs. Ligouri
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:45 Travel Destination Brochure
This afternoon we will be creating travel brochures for us to work with different templates we can create in inDesign. We will be working with the document settings to create a 3 panel brochure (typical travel size), front and back on 2 8.5 x 11 pages.
Our goal is to create a travel brochure of any place in the existing or imaginary world. We want to define an audience that would be traveling to our chosen destinations. Our design choices, our audience, our destination, all need to be cohesive.
Here is a link to some resources that are from Adobe specifically on how to create a brochure. YES you may follow the tutorial to get the similar layout. This is about learning inDesign, not just layouts.
Things to identify:
- Your destination (Mordor? Hawaii?)
- Target Audience
- Color Palette
- Design Elements / Style
- 8.5 x 11 Landscape
- Titles / Headers / Sub Headers
- Body Copy (Fun Ipsums)
- Typefaces 3 Max
- WCAG Font Rules (Varying font sizes / Line Heights)
- Front and Back
When complete, upload as brochure.jpg to your week_26 folder.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.