Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- B Day?? Snow Day so have to double check.
- Tenzin and Reid – Your presentation will moved move to Monday, again.
- App Presentations – Apps will be tomorrow morning. Keep in mind no Bruce or Tenzin.
- NTHS Rehearsal and Recognition are on TODAY! Similar to last year:
- Dress nice. Ties, bowties, bolo ties… Ties, lots and lots of ties.
- Make sure you have chosen someone to honor you. Also tell them, so they know they need to show up.
- Be here at 6:30. Everything starts at 6:40 and we need the returning students to help out.
- Email Mrs. Whitaker to remind her you ARE or ARE NOT going to be at NTHS. The only reasons for NOT should be serious scheduling conflicts.
- Student Walk Out – We have to talk about the Student Walk Out for a quick second: (Because there is only Mr. Cronin and I, we HAVE to accommodate in this way.)
- There will be students at NTHS Rehearsal. Students from there may walk directly to the event.
- Students in CAWD2 who want to participate will come with me to the event.
- Students who are not participating in the event will shuffle over to CAWD1 in the back for drawing assignments. Check below.
- MMU and BFA Late Start this morning. These students must come into CAWD1 silent. Mr. Cronin silent.
9:40 Attendance (No Article)
CAWD1 Drawing (During Event) 10 – 1 – 10 Sketching.
For everyone who is not participating in the event, we will shuffle over to CAWD1 and will have a drawing assignment / activity.
FIRST NOTE: I will be assigning an activity that involves communication. You must be MR. Cronin quite while in the back half of the room.
For this event, we will need a time keeper. Someone with a stop watch and someone who will notify the group time is up without screaming.
Each round, someone will be chosen to present a topic or theme. Once chosen person has given prompt, each member will have 10 minutes to draw their first idea. After drawing their idea, the time keeper will then put 1 minute on the clock and everyone will re-draw the same idea. Once that is done, one last round of 10 seconds on the clock. Everyone shows their 10 second drawing, and everyone else tries to guess what the person was trying to draw.
Tally up scores to see who was the best 10 second drawer and who was the best guesser.
9:45 NTHS Rehearsal
9:45 Short Youtube Animation
UPDATE – I got three emails yesterday over the snow storm and asked multiple times more for a little bit more time on Animations. You will give you the day (as the due date switches to today) because I would rather have better looking animations than just done on time.
(quality of second video may not be that great….)
As you can see above, the videos shown are NOT the highest quality animations. But to convey the story through visuals differently than the actual events. Some jump from still frames scaling / panning around, and some go to frame by frame animating. So the style / quality is really up to you.
You have choice for you youtube clip, but this HAS to be school appropriate. So:
- No swearing
- No offensive jokes
- No references to “things”
- No hate
- No dying
- So on…
- 30-60 Seconds
- 1280 x 720
- Mouth Movements (animals, humans, aliens)
- Color (just the right amount)
Walking Animation Tutorial
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Short Youtube Animation
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Short Youtube Animation
Computers off or asleep. Check work and go. Check Dailies