Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- B Day
- THE COUNTDOWN BEGINS! 12 Days till SkillsUSA!!! FROM TODAY – I want to give you all the most amount of time I can for Skills prep. Today is going to be an all Skills day for you. Students below have specific tasks.
- Sarah – Paperwork? It was Blank!?
- Next Thursday, March 29th – Step Up Day is next Thursday. I will be giving you all permission slips / forms of acknowledgement on Monday saying that next Thursday you will not be in school but will have an “at home assignment” for that day.
- Important dates / Schedule for next few weeks
- Thursday, March 29th – Step Up Day (At home assignment)
- Wednesday, April 4th – Leadership SkillsUSA Competitions (Pin and T-Shirt)
- Thursday, April 5th – Technical SkillsUSA Competitions (Web, 3D, Game)
- Super Hipster or Super Nerd?
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 App Design and Jquery Mobile
Today we will start creating our apps using Jquery Mobile. Jquery Mobile is –
“jQuery Mobile framework takes the “write less, do more” mantra to the next level: Instead of writing unique applications for each mobile device or OS, the jQuery mobile framework allows you to design a single highly-branded responsive web site or application that will work on all popular smartphone, tablet, and desktop platforms.”
It’s an awesome framework that makes your site as mobile ready as it can. Below I have made you your first page. It’s getting easier and easier.
One great thing about Jquery Mobile is it’s file management. It connects to the Jquery frameworks, and we can create most of our work into one index.html page.
One difficult thing with Jquery mobile is, sometimes it can be hard to find what or how to connect to something in CSS.
We will go over some of this in the morning, but HERE is a link to all and everything Jquery Mobile.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 App Design and Jquery Mobile
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Google 20%
UPDATE: Now that we have self directed time throughout the week AND Google 20%. I need to know if you are continuing your Student Specific Studies or doing something different.
Self-directed time for a topic of choice. It can be anything CAWD related. Go out, find a couple tutorials, maybe some inspiration for a specific piece of art, or learn a new skill altogether. Rough topics below to maybe help you out:
I’ll be going around at 1:00 every Friday to gather your topics. You can always continue your projects from week to week, but I need to see significant progress.
Computers off or asleep. Check work and go. Check Dailies