Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- This weeks A / B Schedule is odd.
- (A, B, A, B, B) Two B days at end of week. No School for EHS on Friday. CTE still has school.
- Tomorrow Colchester will NOT be providing busing. Students will be marked as SSC (Sending School Closed). If you show up, attendance will be changed.
- I will be sending you home with a few forms today:
- Step up Day form is a document I need you and your parents to sign. Step Up Day is Tuesday, March 26th. You will NOT be coming into school that day. Micro writing assignment for the day.
- SkillsUSA Participation form is a document stating you are ok to transport with bus or other means on the days of SkillsUSA.
- Mr. Cronin will be stepping out @ 12:45 for doctors. I will be covering both rooms Sub or not.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Student Production
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:45 Design the Band – Apparel / Merch
We as a class will be choosing a band that is not so well known, and “help” them to create apparel, graphics, and an online image over the next 2-3 weeks. We will be chipping away at these in a specific order. During our research time, we need to garner enough information about the band to design their image from the ground up. We’ll use this time to watch videos of the group, listen to their music, and research any existing content that may already exist.
We will be creating all the content like their Website, social media, posters, brochures, business cards, CDs, apparel, photography, mission statement, style guide, etc. We will have full creative freedom for this sort of client work.
I want all of you to find a band that is not so popular. A band that not too many people know, and also may not have a lot of existing design content.
For this project you may use Illustrator, Photoshop and inDesign. I just want to make sure you are all using the right program for the right job. You will most likely end up using all three.
Apparel / Merch:
The FIRST thing most of us do when going to see a concert? We go find a good spot to watch the band… The SECOND thing? We go check out what merch the band has that they can maybe sign at the end. CD’s, apparel, posters, flash drives and more, are all merch.
This morning to afternoon we will be making a lineup of merch spread. Above has a good assortment of items. Sadly there is not a perfect template that will house every single one of these items. Below is a few links to some mockups and mockup sites.
Required Apparel / Merch:
- Shirt / Sweater / Jacket
- Card / Sticker (Business card, cd card, square sticker)
- 1 Choice Extra (flash drive, envelopes, pencils, phone case)
PLEASE USE TEMPLATES. Yes you may ignore templates if you really don’t want to use them. I just think this will help speed up your process.
Our merch lineup does not need to be in one spread. It’s ok to have separate templates / files per piece of merch.
When complete, please upload as merch1.jpg – merch?.jpg to your week_27 folder.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.