Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- A Day
- National Technical Honor Society – NTHS is this Wednesday night. There will be punch, cookies, and a ceremony. Rehearsal is on Wednesday morning.
- NTHS on Wednesday means no HW Club. Doors locked after school. Speaking of:
- Doors Locked Today / Tomorrow for Meetings
- Doors Locked Wednesday for NTHS
- This weeks A / B Schedule is odd.
- (A, B, A, B, B) Two B days at end of week. No School for EHS on Friday. CTE still has school.
- Internet GamePack by Dreamcast
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Putting things into corrects folders.
- Naming our documents correctly
- Uploading Videos into the Google shared folders
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Science w/ Mrs. Ligouri
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:45 Design the Band – Logo
We as a class will be choosing a band that is not so well known, and “help” them to create apparel, graphics, and an online image over the next 2-3 weeks. We will be chipping away at these in a specific order. During our research time, we need to garner enough information about the band to design their image from the ground up. We’ll use this time to watch videos of the group, listen to their music, and research any existing content that may already exist.
We will be creating all the content like their Website, social media, posters, brochures, business cards, CDs, apparel, photography, mission statement, style guide, etc. We will have full creative freedom for this sort of client work.
I want all of you to find a band that is not so popular. A band that not too many people know, and also may not have a lot of existing design content.
For this project you may use Illustrator, Photoshop and inDesign. I just want to make sure you are all using the right program for the right job. You will most likely end up using all three.
We have created a Cover Album and Style Guide so far. These two elements either need, or will guide us into a really good logo. If we used our CD Cover as our space to learn Style Guide elements, then we need to make sure our CD Cover and Logo feel very much the same.
Please go out and snag some inspiration. Grab your style guide. Look to see what current or previous logos they have or had to see if that is a direction you want to go.
If your band already has a Logo? Analyze and critique it. Can you make it better? Is there anything to change? Font? Organization?
Tomorrow Morning 9:45 – 10:45 we will have extra time for Mission Statement, StyleGuide, Cd Cover, and Logo.
When complete, please upload as bandLogo.jpg to your week_27 folder.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.