Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- National Technical Honor Society – NTHS is Tomorrow night. There will be punch, cookies, and a ceremony. Rehearsal is tomorrow morning.
- NTHS on Wednesday means no HW Club. Doors locked after school. Speaking of:
- Doors Locked Today for Meetings
- Doors Locked Wednesday for NTHS
- This weeks A / B Schedule is odd.
- (A, B, A, B, B) Two B days at end of week. No School for EHS on Friday. CTE still has school.
10:00 Design the Band – Logo
We as a class will be choosing a band that is not so well known, and “help” them to create apparel, graphics, and an online image over the next 2-3 weeks. We will be chipping away at these in a specific order. During our research time, we need to garner enough information about the band to design their image from the ground up. We’ll use this time to watch videos of the group, listen to their music, and research any existing content that may already exist.
We will be creating all the content like their Website, social media, posters, brochures, business cards, CDs, apparel, photography, mission statement, style guide, etc. We will have full creative freedom for this sort of client work.
I want all of you to find a band that is not so popular. A band that not too many people know, and also may not have a lot of existing design content.
For this project you may use Illustrator, Photoshop and inDesign. I just want to make sure you are all using the right program for the right job. You will most likely end up using all three.
We have created a Cover Album and Style Guide so far. These two elements either need, or will guide us into a really good logo. If we used our CD Cover as our space to learn Style Guide elements, then we need to make sure our CD Cover and Logo feel very much the same.
Please go out and snag some inspiration. Grab your style guide. Look to see what current or previous logos they have or had to see if that is a direction you want to go.
If your band already has a Logo? Analyze and critique it. Can you make it better? Is there anything to change? Font? Organization?
When complete, please upload as bandLogo.jpg to your week_27 folder.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Science w/ Mrs. Ligouri
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Site Maintenance
12:45 Google 20%
I am giving you all TWO AFTERNOONS this year for google 20%. I did this for two big key reasons:
- Ability to continue projects more seamlessly from week to week.
- Allow every student (who doesn’t leave on both afternoons) to get a google 20% each week.
I truly do feel we make our best work when our creativity can flourish. Set yourself a reasonable SCOPE for a project and go from there.
Self-directed time for a topic of choice. It can be anything CAWD related. Go out, find a couple tutorials, maybe some inspiration for a specific piece of art, or learn a new skill altogether. Rough topics below to maybe help you out:
I’ll be going around at 1:00 every Tuesday & Friday to gather your topics. You can always continue your projects from week to week (I highly encourage that YOUR do!), but I need to see significant progress.
1:35 EHS Bus Students EOD
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.