Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- First full week of Year 2.
- CCV College starts this Friday the 14th. We will all gather for the CTE Bus out back at 9:20 every Friday morning.
- The use of the Volume Tracker will start this week. As I’ve mentioned, I WANT you to talk and collaborate. But I also want to make sure the classroom is at a respectable level.
- We are getting into Flu Season, we must make sure our hygiene is clean. Get it? Brush teeth, Blow your nose, Wash your hands, shower. I know I’m not your mother, but still…
- This week we will focus on:
- Production of Light Saber Film
- After Effects tricks
- College Research (Career Exploration)
- CCV (Python / Drawing)
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Light Saber Project– Screenplay / Start Filming
UPDATE: Once you show me your screen play and I approve, you are good to start filming. Today, Tuesday and Wednesday are focused on production time for Light Saber Filming.
Today we will be starting the ol’ faithful Light Saber project. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos a hundred times, but they are good and funny. One day, you could be the face of CAWD too. Lets start off with teams/groups, jobs and requirements.
Last year’s “Keeping up with the Siths” Really really good example from Alex Goodman’s group last year. Exactly what I am looking for.
- Victor – Harper – Judah – Eric T.
- Nate – Cam S. – Funkhouser – Tristen – Eric L.
- Colton – CJ – Jimmy – Maliki – Cam L.
- Evan – Senghe – Katie – Nolan – Eli
Jobs: (Before Lunch)
- 1 Director (must be organized and confident)
- 2 Actors
- 1-2 Camera People
- 10 Shots
- 1 – 2 Drone Shots (no more)
- 5 different angles – video of good shots
- At Least 45 seconds in length and max 2 minutes
- Shallow DOF
- NO LIGHT SABERS BEHIND CHARACTERS – trust me on this.
This morning we are going to focus of writing our screenplays. I want us all to have a script for us to follow, as winging a film project is not the way to go.
- Te Slugline (Description of scene)
- The Action (Paragraph of what is happening in the scene – Present tense)
- Character Name (Centered – In front of anything the character is about to do / say)
- Dialogue (Quotes – Talk in character voice)
- Parentheses (Basic descriptions that help the dialogue and scene)
When complete upload as screenplay.pdf to your week_2 folder.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Light Saber Project – Filming Cont.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- You will post a Photo, Objective, and Challenge into one post