Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- A Day
- CCV College starts this Friday the 14th TOMORROW. We will all gather for the CTE Bus out back at 9:20 every Friday morning.
- CTE Open house is on Thursday 9/20 from 6-8pm. Please let your parents know as I would very much love to meet them. It starts in the Cafeteria, then we migrate over to the CAWD2 room.
9:40 St. Mike’s College Fair – Scavenger Hunt
During our time at Saint Mike’s College Fair, I will be asking you to dig up some information as the start to your College / Career research. Below you will see a few key points I am looking for you to find, but I am also leaving space for you to personalize your experience.
First, here are a few questions you should be asking yourself:
- What major am I looking for?
- Do I want to stay in state or go out of state?
- Are you looking to live on campus (dorm)? Off campus (apartment)?
- Do I want to go to a school with Large or Small class sizes?
- Do I want to play a sport while in college?
- Are you looking to go for 2 years (associates) or 4 years (bachelors)?
Here are some starter questions: (3 Different Schools) If you are looking to stay in state, find 2 in state and 1 out of state. Vice versa.
- What are at least 2 courses you would take in the first year of your Major?
- What is the average class size at your school?
- Is there a Study Abroad program at your school? If so, what countries?
- What is Campus life like? What is dorm life like? How is the food?
- What kind of extracurricular activities are offered?
- AT LEAST 2 questions of your own that you will bring with you tomorrow.
Here are a few “deeper” questions to ask: (1 School)
- What is the acceptance rate at your school?
- What is the average GPA needed to attend your college?
- Do they prefer ACT or SAT or neither?
- How much is an average semester at your school? Does that include food and housing?
- Do they accept common app or their own?
After the College Fair is over, ask yourselves a few more questions:
- What school had the coolest mascot?
- What piece of information surprised you?
- What questions of YOUR OWN were answered?
- What questions do you still have?
- What information do I want to start researching now?
HW for tonight: Come up with AT LEAST 2 questions you are trying to dig up more information on colleges.
HW for the weekend: Write up a 1 page double spaced reflection on how the college fair went. Use those follow up questions above to guide your reflection.
11:30 Attendance and Quiz
Between when we return and Lunch, we will take our quiz. I expect the room to be silent for the 30min. period to allow students concentration.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Filming Cont.
Last chunk of time for filming. Next week Monday / Tuesday should ONLY be editing.
Today we will be starting the ol’ faithful Light Saber project. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos a hundred times, but they are good and funny. One day, you could be the face of CAWD too. Lets start off with teams/groups, jobs and requirements.
Last year’s “Keeping up with the Siths” Really really good example from Alex Goodman’s group last year. Exactly what I am looking for.
- Victor – Harper – Judah – Eric T.
- Nate – Cam S. – Funkhouser – Tristen – Eric L.
- Colton – CJ – Jimmy – Maliki – Cam L.
- Evan – Senghe – Katie – Nolan – Eli
Jobs: (Before Lunch)
- 1 Director (must be organized and confident)
- 2 Actors
- 1-2 Camera People
- 10 Shots
- 1 – 2 Drone Shots (no more)
- 5 different angles – video of good shots
- At Least 45 seconds in length and max 2 minutes
- Shallow DOF
- NO LIGHT SABERS BEHIND CHARACTERS – trust me on this.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- You will post a Photo, Objective, and Challenge into one post