Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- A Day
- CCV College starts this Friday the 14th. We will all gather for the CTE Bus out back at 9:20 every Friday morning.
- EHS Early Release Day. Adjusted Schedule.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Filming Cont.
Today we will be starting the ol’ faithful Light Saber project. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos a hundred times, but they are good and funny. One day, you could be the face of CAWD too. Lets start off with teams/groups, jobs and requirements.
Last year’s “Keeping up with the Siths” Really really good example from Alex Goodman’s group last year. Exactly what I am looking for.
- Victor – Harper – Judah – Eric T.
- Nate – Cam S. – Funkhouser – Tristen – Eric L.
- Colton – CJ – Jimmy – Maliki – Cam L.
- Evan – Senghe – Katie – Nolan – Eli
Jobs: (Before Lunch)
- 1 Director (must be organized and confident)
- 2 Actors
- 1-2 Camera People
- 10 Shots
- 1 – 2 Drone Shots (no more)
- 5 different angles – video of good shots
- At Least 45 seconds in length and max 2 minutes
- Shallow DOF
- NO LIGHT SABERS BEHIND CHARACTERS – trust me on this.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Tips and Tricks in After Effects
This morning we will dive into a couple effects to add into your films. We will focus on a few that a are strictly Star Wars like effects, then we will jump into a few random effects that might want to add.
11:50 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:20 Attendance and Article
12:25 Site Maintenance
12:30 EHS students Leave for 7/8
12:40 CTE Students leave for 7/8
12:45 Google 20%
This is our first Google 20% of the year. Yes, right in week 2. I am giving you all TWO AFTERNOONS this year for google 20%. I did this for two big key reasons:
- Ability to continue projects more seamlessly from week to week.
- Allow every student (who doesn’t leave on both afternoons) to get a google 20% each week.
I truly do feel we make our best work when our creativity can flourish. Set yourself a reasonable SCOPE for a project and go from there.
Self-directed time for a topic of choice. It can be anything CAWD related. Go out, find a couple tutorials, maybe some inspiration for a specific piece of art, or learn a new skill altogether. Rough topics below to maybe help you out:
I’ll be going around at 1:00 every Tuesday & Friday to gather your topics. You can always continue your projects from week to week (I highly encourage that your do!), but I need to see significant progress.
1:35 EHS Bus Students EOD
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- You will post a Photo, Objective, and Challenge into one post