Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- MMU Late start (10:40ish). Please arrive quietly and respectfully.
- CCV College starts this Friday the 14th. We will all gather for the CTE Bus out back at 9:20 every Friday morning.
- College Fair tomorrow. We will all meet here @ 9:40 then go straight to the bus.
- CTE Open house is on Thursday 9/20 from 6-8pm. Please let your parents know as I would very much love to meet them. It starts in the Cafeteria, then we migrate over to the CAWD2 room.
9:40 Attendance and Article
College Fair Scavenger Hunt
During our time at Saint Mike’s College Fair, I will be asking you to dig up some information as the start to your College / Career research. Below you will see a few key points I am looking for you to find, but I am also leaving space for you to personalize your experience.
First, here are a few questions you should be asking yourself:
- What major am I looking for?
- Do I want to stay in state or go out of state?
- Are you looking to live on campus (dorm)? Off campus (apartment)?
- Do I want to go to a school with Large or Small class sizes?
- Do I want to play a sport while in college?
- Are you looking to go for 2 years (associates) or 4 years (bachelors)?
Here are some starter questions: (3 Different Schools) If you are looking to stay in state, find 2 in state and 1 out of state. Vice versa.
- What are at least 2 courses you would take in the first year of your Major?
- What is the average class size at your school?
- Is there a Study Abroad program at your school? If so, what countries?
- What is Campus life like? What is dorm life like? How is the food?
- What kind of extracurricular activities are offered?
- AT LEAST 2 questions of your own that you will bring with you tomorrow.
Here are a few “deeper” questions to ask: (1 School)
- What is the acceptance rate at your school?
- What is the average GPA needed to attend your college?
- Do they prefer ACT or SAT or neither?
- How much is an average semester at your school? Does that include food and housing?
- Do they accept common app or their own?
After the College Fair is over, ask yourselves a few more questions:
- What school had the coolest mascot?
- What piece of information surprised you?
- What questions of YOUR OWN were answered?
- What questions do you still have?
- What information do I want to start researching now?
HW for tonight: Come up with AT LEAST 2 questions you are trying to dig up more information on colleges.
HW for the weekend: Write up a 1 page double spaced reflection on how the college fair went. Use those follow up questions above to guide your reflection.
9:45 Filming Cont.
Today is final FULL production day for Light Sabers. Let’s try our hardest to get all our shots done today so editing is mainly next week.
Today we will be starting the ol’ faithful Light Saber project. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos a hundred times, but they are good and funny. One day, you could be the face of CAWD too. Lets start off with teams/groups, jobs and requirements.
Last year’s “Keeping up with the Siths” Really really good example from Alex Goodman’s group last year. Exactly what I am looking for.
- Victor – Harper – Judah – Eric T.
- Nate – Cam S. – Funkhouser – Tristen – Eric L.
- Colton – CJ – Jimmy – Maliki – Cam L.
- Evan – Senghe – Katie – Nolan – Eli
Jobs: (Before Lunch)
- 1 Director (must be organized and confident)
- 2 Actors
- 1-2 Camera People
- 10 Shots
- 1 – 2 Drone Shots (no more)
- 5 different angles – video of good shots
- At Least 45 seconds in length and max 2 minutes
- Shallow DOF
- NO LIGHT SABERS BEHIND CHARACTERS – trust me on this.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
Mr Cronin is going to come in for this hour to do some Blender STUFF. Katie asked for Cloth, now we are getting a session. This will be great!
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Light Saber Project – Filming Cont.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- You will post a Photo, Objective, and Challenge into one post