Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- B Day (Weird week, 2nd B Day)
- FREE MONEY – Anyone else have those forms? Did I mention FREE MONEY!?
- One Visitor – One visitor this morning. We may be out and about during filming. So I am going to ask that Goodman, instead of doing the normal visitor shin dig, let’s teach the student something new.
- Tomorrow is the Champlain Games Festival! Remember that it is being created / run by a former Cawd student, as well as Judah / Colton are presenting their game “Fade” tomorrow to the crowd. What are you doing tomorrow? Go visit and support locally made games!
9:45 Clean Desks
A few desk are a little crazy. Let’s organize our papers, robotics and more.
9:50 Light Saber – Screenplay / Film??
(Some Video Settings Tips)
This morning we are going to focus of writing our screenplays. I want us all to have a script for us to follow, as winging a film project is not the way to go.
- The Slugline (Description of scene)
- The Action (Paragraph of what is happening in the scene – Present tense)
- Character Name (Centered – In front of anything the character is about to do / say)
- Dialogue (Quotes – Talk in character voice)
- Parentheses (Basic descriptions that help the dialogue and scene)
Today we will be starting the ol’ faithful Light Saber project. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos a hundred times, but they are good and funny. One day, you could be the face of CAWD too. Lets start off with teams/groups, jobs and requirements.
Jobs: (Before break)
- 1 Director (must be organized and confident / loud)
- 2 Actors
- 1-2 Camera People
- 10 Shots
- 1 – 3 Drone Shots (no more)
- 5 different angles – video of good shots
- At Least 45 seconds in length and max 2 minutes
- Shallow DOF
- NO LIGHT SABERS BEHIND CHARACTERS – trust me on this.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Light Saber – Screenplay / Film??
Once you show me your story board and screenplay, you are good to start filming. Over the next week or so you may want to think about:
- Consistent Clothing
- Consistent Hair
- Weather for Inside / Outside shots
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Google 20%
UPDATE: Now that we have self directed time throughout the week AND Google 20%. I need to know if you are continuing your Student Specific Studies or doing something different.
Self-directed time for a topic of choice. It can be anything CAWD related. Go out, find a couple tutorials, maybe some inspiration for a specific piece of art, or learn a new skill altogether. Rough topics below to maybe help you out:
I’ll be going around at 1:00 every Friday to gather your topics. You can always continue your projects from week to week, but I need to see significant progress.
Computers off or asleep. Check work and go. Check Dailies