Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- A Day (Weird week, 3 A days in a row.)
- FREE MONEY – Everyone has the opportunity for end of the year scholarships through CTE. Please fill out these forms and get them back to me by tomorrow to be eligible. FREE MONEY!
- Tomorrow Visitor – Tomorrow we have 1 visitor from Burlington. Just a heads up.
9:45 Light Saber – Screenplay
This morning we are going to focus of writing our screenplays. I want us all to have a script for us to follow, as winging a film project is not the way to go.
- The Slugline (Description of scene)
- The Action (Paragraph of what is happening in the scene – Present tense)
- Character Name (Centered – In front of anything the character is about to do / say)
- Dialogue (Quotes – Talk in character voice)
- Parentheses (Basic descriptions that help the dialogue and scene)
Today we will be starting the ol’ faithful Light Saber project. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos a hundred times, but they are good and funny. One day, you could be the face of CAWD too. Lets start off with teams/groups, jobs and requirements.
Jobs: (Before break)
- 1 Director (must be organized and confident / loud)
- 2 Actors
- 1-2 Camera People
- 10 Shots
- 1 – 3 Drone Shots (no more)
- 5 different angles – video of good shots
- At Least 45 seconds in length and max 2 minutes
- Shallow DOF
- NO LIGHT SABERS BEHIND CHARACTERS – trust me on this.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Light Saber – Screenplay / Film??
Once you show me your story board and screenplay, you are good to start filming. Over the next week or so you may want to think about:
- Consistent Clothing
- Consistent Hair
- Weather for Inside / Outside shots