Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- A Day (Actually an A day… Weird school day whatevers…)
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Light Saber – Filming (Screenplay)
This morning we are going to focus of writing our screenplays. I want us all to have a script for us to follow, as winging a film project is not the way to go.
- Te Slugline (Description of scene)
- The Action (Paragraph of what is happening in the scene – Present tense)
- Character Name (Centered – In front of anything the character is about to do / say)
- Dialogue (Quotes – Talk in character voice)
- Parentheses (Basic descriptions that help the dialogue and scene)
Today we will be starting the ol’ faithful Light Saber project. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos a hundred times, but they are good and funny. One day, you could be the face of CAWD too. Lets start off with teams/groups, jobs and requirements.
Jobs: (Before break)
- 1 Director (must be organized and confident / loud)
- 2 Actors
- 1-2 Camera People
- 10 Shots
- 1 – 3 Drone Shots (no more)
- 5 different angles – video of good shots
- At Least 45 seconds in length and max 2 minutes
- Shallow DOF
- NO LIGHT SABERS BEHIND CHARACTERS – trust me on this.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
Robots! Be nice to Mrs. Ligouri. Listen. Go science!
We will be working with new robots. One that will for sure take over the world some day.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 CAWD2 Directed Collaboration Project
This afternoon, I want to brainstorm with all of you for a collaboration project with CAWD2 and CAWD1. In the month of May, two days a week (most likely afternoons), Mr. Cronin and I would like to have a CAWD2 directed project. Our initial brainstorm came to the idea of a film project as CAWD2 these next two weeks will be working with film and the drone. But we are not limited to just film.
For this project we can have an actual budget. Yes, real money! We could have up to $450 for:
This is Blue Sky thinking and is something we’ve strongly been brainstorming these last few weeks. Let’s build a document of ideas, and go from there.