Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- SkillsUSA yesterday was absolutely amazing. I can’t express how proud I am of all CAWD students. You all kicked butt yesterday and brought home a lot of medals and scholarships (10gs??). Soon will be Nationals for Game, Web and 3D. We will focus on all that AFTER vacation. For now, SkillsUSA is over.
- Today we all need a break. From SkillsUSA and honestly, just a day to reset the brain / mind. Today will be a Google 20%. I don’t want to see any Skills Games, Animations, or “practice”. I want you to relax, have some music, and get ready for the last 2 months of school.
9:45 Moving Computers and New Seats
- Moving computers back to normal desks first. DON’T plug in.
- Then we will move to new seats.
- In a weird way, I kind of like this layout. Should we keep it the same?
- Clean your individual spaces. Find all your toys and art supplies.
10:40 Break (20 Minutes)
Is a 5 minute difference helpful for food and drinks at cafeteria? If so, we can adjust for the remainder of the year.
11:00 Final Two Month Stretch
As most of you by now have heard, this is my last year teaching for CAWD. This experience has been an amazing blessing on my life and again can’t be more proud of every single one of you. But enough about me, this class is about you, and what you want and need to gain for success.
We have almost exactly 2 months of school left. April break, and our last day is June 13th (I believe). These last two months need to be about you all and the projects you want to get done. I have two projects left in my arsenal I want to execute.
- First is VR portfolios – Almost imagine a museum where there are individual rooms you get showcase your work in a VR space.
- Second is AR fun – Getting to mess around with Vuforia in unity to make things come to life with phones or tablets.
Next is your choice. What is another large project you want to take a stab at before we all adventure off into our own sunsets? I will be sharing a document with all of you to brainstorm. This is an open space to get your ideas out without judgement. Something that will challenge us as a class even more. You come up with the idea and I will figure out how to bring it into the classroom.
11:00 Google 20%
12:00 Lunch (40 Minutes)
12:45 Google 20%
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.