Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- B Day
- Game day on Friday. How are we doing snacks? Money? Contributions? Baguettes? UPDATE – Mr. Cronin and I are going to the “food store” before coming in tomorrow. Money for food? If we do not bring things in, You will not be partaking in the foods. I WILL NOT BE THE GATE KEEPER.
- You have the option of these tasks and these tasks only:
- Star Wars Filming or Revision
- Assets for VR Portfolio
- Senior Portfolio
- Extra Credit – CTE T-Shirt
- EOD – Google 20%
- Dailies – Because of Google 20%, Yes we WILL have dailies today.
- CAWD2 got the The Art of Overwatch book. It has so much cool artwork!
- CAWD has a Yacker Tracker. Yes I am that teacher and I love it. Worker traits will go out if we are “testing” the ability of the tracker.
Extra Credit – CTE T-Shirt
An Extra Credit assignment. Due by May 2nd (2 weeks). Basic Requirements:
- Center for Technology Essex
- ALL Programs in one area
- Version with logo AND Version without logo
- One Color (White text w/ background color)
Good Example Below:
9:45 Light Saber – Filming
Essex Hourly Weather (This weather outside is not as good as last week. Something we HAVE to roll with.)
Last week I didn’t see a whole lot of filming / production. I want to be able to see groups working together and getting some footage before we bring out the drone. Let’s make sure to use our time as productive as possible, and work around the weather before we take drone shots.
(Some Video Settings Tips)
This morning we are going to focus of writing our screenplays. I want us all to have a script for us to follow, as winging a film project is not the way to go.
- The Slugline (Description of scene)
- The Action (Paragraph of what is happening in the scene – Present tense)
- Character Name (Centered – In front of anything the character is about to do / say)
- Dialogue (Quotes – Talk in character voice)
- Parentheses (Basic descriptions that help the dialogue and scene)
Today we will be starting the ol’ faithful Light Saber project. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos a hundred times, but they are good and funny. One day, you could be the face of CAWD too. Lets start off with teams/groups, jobs and requirements.
Jobs: (Before break)
- 1 Director (must be organized and confident / loud)
- 2 Actors
- 1-2 Camera People
- 10 Shots
- 1 – 3 Drone Shots (no more)
- 5 different angles – video of good shots
- At Least 45 seconds in length and max 2 minutes
- Shallow DOF
- NO LIGHT SABERS BEHIND CHARACTERS – trust me on this.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Light Saber – Film
If you are having a hard time with the weather, but want to continue working on the lightsaber project, think of the following to work on:
- Introduction Scene?
- Practice Light Saber Effect?
(Super Bad Weather) ??:?? VR 3D Gallery Portfolio
We may or may not get to this TODAY. But this is our backup assignment incase the weather wants to keep messing with us. We will model and gather this week, build and play after vacation.
First things first, we need to collect a few pieces of work to display. Here are the short requirements for how many you will need, what kinds. Below:
- 8 pieces of your favorite work (CAWD 1 or 2)
- At least 1 model (3D Model of something)
- 1 Sentence and Title for each project
Below is a shot of Nate Walter’s VR Portfolio from last year. Didn’t have all the pieces in it as of the photo, but really nice scenery, simple aesthetic, and many items to pick up and throw.
Secondly, we need to start brainstorming ideas for our museum’s look. Below are some examples of just 3D showcases. Not exactly VR spaces, but we can adjust.
Keep in mind the aesthetic look of a museum. Benches, lights, frames, and mantels. All of these should be separate, but important pieces to making the room look nice.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:45 Google 20%
Self-directed time for a topic of choice. It can be anything CAWD related. Go out, find a couple tutorials, maybe some inspiration for a specific piece of art, or learn a new skill altogether. Rough topics below to maybe help you out:
I’ll be going around at 1:00 every Friday to gather your topics. You can always continue your projects from week to week, but I need to see significant progress.
Computers off or asleep. Check work and go. Check Dailies