Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- A Day
- We have been green lit by security to fly the Drone ALL DAY TOMORROW! I’m excited. But we need to push our filming today.
- It’s gonna be…
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Extra Credit – CTE T-Shirt
An Extra Credit assignment. Due by May 2nd (2 weeks). Basic Requirements:
- Center for Technology Essex
- ALL Programs in one area
- Version with logo AND Version without logo
- One Color (White text w/ background color)
Good Example Below:
9:45 Light Saber – Filming
Below are a few pieces of equipment that the Audio and Video Production lab has down in the Library. All equipment the school has had for some time but we just had no idea it was there. It’s kind of like getting presents, but twice.
Have you ever wanted to be a robot? Because I have. Closest thing to it today. Vest with Stabilizer. Not exactly a shots preview, but a video on a different vest and stabilizer.
Essex Hourly Weather (This weather outside is not as good as last week. Something we HAVE to roll with.)
Last week I didn’t see a whole lot of filming / production. I want to be able to see groups working together and getting some footage before we bring out the drone. Let’s make sure to use our time as productive as possible, and work around the weather before we take drone shots.
(Some Video Settings Tips)
This morning we are going to focus of writing our screenplays. I want us all to have a script for us to follow, as winging a film project is not the way to go.
- The Slugline (Description of scene)
- The Action (Paragraph of what is happening in the scene – Present tense)
- Character Name (Centered – In front of anything the character is about to do / say)
- Dialogue (Quotes – Talk in character voice)
- Parentheses (Basic descriptions that help the dialogue and scene)
Today we will be starting the ol’ faithful Light Saber project. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos a hundred times, but they are good and funny. One day, you could be the face of CAWD too. Lets start off with teams/groups, jobs and requirements.
Jobs: (Before break)
- 1 Director (must be organized and confident / loud)
- 2 Actors
- 1-2 Camera People
- 10 Shots
- 1 – 3 Drone Shots (no more)
- 5 different angles – video of good shots
- At Least 45 seconds in length and max 2 minutes
- Shallow DOF
- NO LIGHT SABERS BEHIND CHARACTERS – trust me on this.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
Robots! Be nice to Mrs. Ligouri. Listen. Go science!
We will be working with new robots. One that will for sure take over the world some day.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Passion Projects and Twitter
These will be graded on the Daily. By 2:30 every day. Micro grading for me and you.