Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- A Day
- Weird A/B schedule is over. Next week SHOULD be back to normal as of right now.
9:45 Youtube to Animation Short
(quality of second video may not be that great….)
As you can see above, the videos shown are NOT the highest quality animations. But to convey the story through visuals differently than the actual events. Some jump from still frames scaling / panning around, and some go to frame by frame animating. So the style / quality is really up to you.
You have choice for you youtube clip, but this HAS to be school appropriate. So:
- No swearing
- No offensive jokes
- No references to “things”
- No hate
- No dying
- So on…
- 30-60 Seconds
- 1280 x 720
- Mouth Movements (animals, humans, aliens)
- Color (just the right amount)
Walking Animation Tutorial
10:40 Break (20 Minutes)
11:00 Youtube to Animation Short
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance / Site Maintenance
12:45 Google 20%
I am giving you all TWO AFTERNOONS this year for google 20%. I did this for two big key reasons:
- Ability to continue projects more seamlessly from week to week.
- Allow every student (who doesn’t leave on both afternoons) to get a google 20% each week.
I truly do feel we make our best work when our creativity can flourish. Set yourself a reasonable SCOPE for a project and go from there.
Self-directed time for a topic of choice. It can be anything CAWD related. Go out, find a couple tutorials, maybe some inspiration for a specific piece of art, or learn a new skill altogether. Rough topics below to maybe help you out:
I’ll be going around at 1:00 every Tuesday & Friday to gather your topics. You can always continue your projects from week to week (I highly encourage that YOURdo!), but I need to see significant progress.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.