Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- This week is an odd week for A/B days. I believe it’s going to go like this – (B,A,B,B,A)
- Random design prompt generator almost made as a game. Kinda cool. Designercize.com
- SkillsUSA Registration forms? Judah, Colton, Katie, Haven, Emelia and Ben. I need these today so I can hand them to Mrs. Knight.
- Doors Locked right after school for some MEETINGS!!! WOOT WOOT!
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Putting things into corrects folders.
- Naming our documents correctly
- Uploading Videos into the Google shared folders
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:40 Break (20 Minutes)
11:00 Science w/ Mrs. Ligouri
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance / Site Maintenance
12:45 Monday Afternoon “Speed” Model
Speed modeling is a practice professionals and beginners use to see what they can make in a short period of time. This is not to induce stress, this is to see how far we can get with our current skills.
I’m sure you have all seen videos similar to this:
I am more focused on the idea of the model rather than the texturing. But this is up to you. If you want to have very low detail with a nice texture for “low poly” count, good. If you want to make sure your model is highly detailed with no textures, good. Both work.
This afternoon you are going to be able to slightly choose your speed model topic. I’ve come up with three different Ideas so not every model will be of the exact same thing.
- First Prompt – Stationary Object – House / Building (Example Above)
- Second Prompt – “Alive” Character – Chicken Warrior
- Third Prompt – Adding Hair – Something with Hair / Fur (Video Below)
You can see the three prompt go up in difficulty depending on how comfortable you are with Blender. I would recommend anyone who is really comfortable with Blender to try out the Hair / Fur particle to see what wacky characters or objects we can create.
When complete, upload as speedModelMon.jpg to your week_33 folder.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.