Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- B Day
- Star Wars Light Saber will be Due NEXT Wednesday, May 16th.
- SkillsUSA Mandatory Meeting TODAY @ 6pm in the Cafeteria.
- Back to Articles and Twitter.
- We have a Middle School Visitor this afternoon. Might take them out with the Drone, mess around with the footage. Goodman, maybe do some quick edits to the footage?
- Cleaned everyone’s desk yesterday. Let’s keep them like this for the remainder of the year as we get EOY visitors and guests.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Light Saber – Filming
What Drone Shots Do We Still Need? Any Shots We Need To Re-Do?
Light Saber – “Saber” Effect
This morning we will be going over the basics for the Saber effect. Below you will see a video that can help you out even further. But for now, let’s all download the Files to make this work.
Pretty simple to create the saber effect:
- Create Solid
- Apply Saber Effect
- Animate Anchor Points
- Go FRAME BY FRAME
Below is a video to use motion tracking AND the saber effect. You may find a hard time with the tracking similar to the example Image I have on the side.
Tracking with Saber
Saber Clash Effect
As you can see below, I added the effect to Eli walking with a stabilized drone shot. What a silly clip can turn into something actually useful and pretty. You may also see at one point I accidentally moved my entire mask. There is a second where the whole lightsaber comes off the broom stick. Something to keep an eye out for.
Cinematic Look – Premiere
First you would organize and color grade your clips in premier. You really should only be using After Effects for the actual light saber effect. Order of operations for the cinematic look:
- Color Grade
- Black bars
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Light Saber – Filming
Short Science just to finish Inventory. If you are done, please focus on Star Wars Light Sabers.
Robots! Be nice to Mrs. Ligouri. Listen. Go science!
We will be working with new robots. One that will for sure take over the world some day.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Passion Projects and Twitter
As mentioned yesterday, as I was grading, these are the three requirements I found that YOU all were using.
- Description (What is it that you are working on?)
- Timeline (Where in the process are you? Start, middle, end?)
- Photo (Photo of what you worked on. Show progress, not back to back photo)
These will be graded on the Daily. By 2:30 every day. Micro grading for me and you.