Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- A Day
- CTE Open house is on Thursday 9/20 from 6-8pm. Please let your parents know as I would very much love to meet them. It starts in the Cafeteria, then we migrate over to the CAWD2 room.
- CVU Students regarding Wednesday – “There will be bus transportation to and from CTE on Wednesday, September 19th even though there is not school at CVU that day. Students will need to get themselves to CVU that morning to get on the bus. There will be NO early stops and only ONE pick up at CVU in the AM.”
- Tomorrow the AOE will be joining CTE and asking for our assistance in a state wide initiative. More on that Below.
- HW College Reflection – I’ve gotten some emails this weekend of “shared” reflections. Please export those as PDFs and pop those into your week Folder.
- Emmy + DIM – Emmy will be in this afternoon to get kids ready / registered for DIM.
- 5 Students lost Worker Traits for trying to leave their computers on over the weekend. These babies are not cheap. That will fry them out fast. We can only leave them on if we are rendering.
- Athletes can be nerds too….
- This week we will focus on:
- Finish Production
- JQuery / Jquery Mobile Apps
- Libraries / Frameworks
- College Research (Career Exploration)
- CCV (Python / Drawing)
9:40 Attendance and Article
JQuery HW for Tomorrow
Tonight, I would like you to search for a Game, TV show, Movie, Book or any other sort of content that has a small group of characters. With all these characters I would like you to start defining some characteristics about all of them, and characteristics that may be unique to themselves.
Games that have characters with powers, abilities and bonuses, makes this super easy. With TV shows and movies, you may be digging information more.
Our inspiration is something similar to this Smite Info Based App called Sacred for Smite.
Information we are looking for:
- Summary or Description of Game, Book, etc.
- 5 Characters
- 5 Similar Characteristics (Attack, Hair Color, Hometown)
- 3 Unique Characteristics (Only pertinent to them)
Vermont AOE Jay Ramsey Meeting
Below is a letter from Jay Ramsey who works directly with the AOE and CTE. Over the last few years there have been a lot of initiatives and laws passed to improve CTE. The AOE would like to hear your feedback on these goals and Initiatives.
Tomorrow Morning from 9:45 to 10:45 as a class we will all go meet with Jay Ramsey so he can fill us in more and gain your ideas. Please read below the letter and Goals envisioned in this process.
My name is Jay Ramsey and I work for the state government in the Agency of Education. My area of responsibility is career and technical education. I serve as the State Director for Career Technical Education. I work with your teachers and the director of your technical center to make sure that you are served well, and that when you finish your CTE program and graduate high school you have the opportunity to achieve your post-high school goals and be successful – whether it be to go to college, get a job, join the military or move into some kind of apprenticeship.
Even though I don’t know you and you don’t know me, I come to work every day with the idea that I am working to make sure your career technical education is working for you and that it will lead you to a career that excites you.
There are a lot of people in Vermont that want you to succeed because of your CTE program and they want to see the CTE programs around the state grow. In order to do that people like me want to hear from you to make sure we aren’t missing something – and to make sure that whatever plans we make actually make sense to you and works for you and the students that are now in elementary school.
I’ll be at your school within the next week, asking for your thoughts about what you think about our draft strategic vision and goals. Your teacher should be sharing with you a basic outline of what I’ve been thinking about since March. I’m looking forward to talking with you and learning from you.
Vision and Goals:
- We will support only high-quality, rigorous, integrated CTE career pathway programs that are connected to the most needed industries and jobs in Vermont and the New England region.
- We will involve industry as a full partner in the creation, validation and maintenance of CTE programs.
- We will support and encourage the development and implementation of a career advisement system that allows all learners to be successful in a career pathway of interest.
- We will support collaboration among systems and promoting coordination between systems as a means of ensuring equity and of providing students with a high-quality experience.
- We will work to improve the public perception of CTE.
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Light Saber Project
Today is the FINAL DAY for Light Sabers. Tomorrow’s time has now been taken for JQuery and AOE presentation.
Today we will be starting the ol’ faithful Light Saber project. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos a hundred times, but they are good and funny. One day, you could be the face of CAWD too. Lets start off with teams/groups, jobs and requirements.
Last year’s “Keeping up with the Siths” Really really good example from Alex Goodman’s group last year. Exactly what I am looking for.
- Victor – Harper – Judah – Eric T.
- Nate – Cam S. – Funkhouser – Tristen – Eric L.
- Colton – CJ – Jimmy – Maliki – Cam L.
- Evan – Senghe – Katie – Nolan – Eli
Jobs: (Before Lunch)
- 1 Director (must be organized and confident)
- 2 Actors
- 1-2 Camera People
- 10 Shots
- 1 – 2 Drone Shots (no more)
- 5 different angles – video of good shots
- At Least 45 seconds in length and max 2 minutes
- Shallow DOF
- NO LIGHT SABERS BEHIND CHARACTERS – trust me on this.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Light Saber Project – Filming Cont.
Emmy is coming in this afternoon to get students who are signing up for Digital Image Manipulation registered for the class. I am assuming you will need a few of these pieces of information:
- Social Security #
- College ID #
- College Login
- Normal Human Descriptions…
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- You will post a Photo, Objective, and Challenge into one post