Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- A Day.
- Wednesday we will all be going to the UVM College fair with Emmy. You will all be given a scavenger hunt tomorrow to help guide you to more information at the college fair.
- Can anyone who has an SD card still in there computer double check to see if there are any SkillsUSA photos still on those cards. We have another teacher looking for left over photos.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
Robots! Be nice to Mrs. Ligouri. Listen. Go science!
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Career Pathways and Exploration
This afternoon we will be starting out Career exploration and possible pathway opportunities research. Over the next few weeks we will be exploring careers we all hope to be in. We will define key characteristic, skills, and experience needed to achieve said career. We will look into how much careers pay, living cost in locations, growth opportunities and more.
First things first, I would like every one of you to take all (yes all) of these career surveys in this particular order:
Using these four quizes, I would like you to find key information about one or two relating careers. I would like you to find:
- What is your education.com Persona?
- What is your career personality?
- What are 1 – 2 job titles you are interested in after your findings?
- What are 3 – 4 job tasks required in the job descriptions?
- What is the average weekly earnings for career?
- What is the career’s growth or decline projected as?
- Education required? Education medium?
- What are 2 – 3 states you’d be interested in living or visiting for college or career?
- Find ONE college or career tech training service that would provide you with a degree sufficient for said career.
- If you have ever done this before (Pre-tech), how have your results changed over the years?
Place all this information into a PDF document and upload as careerEx.pdf to your week_4 folder.
Computers asleep and be ready to present the information you have found.