Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- A Day
- CTE Open house is TONIGHT from 6-8pm. Please let your parents know as I would very much love to meet them. It starts in the Cafeteria, then we migrate over to the CAWD2 room.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Cari Papp Intro
10:00 Career Pathways and Exploration
This morning we will be starting out Career exploration and possible pathway opportunities research. Over the next few weeks we will be exploring careers we all hope to be in. We will define key characteristic, skills, and experience needed to achieve said career. We will look into how much careers pay, living cost in locations, growth opportunities and more.
First things first, I would like every one of you to take all (yes all) of these career surveys in this particular order:
Using these four quizes, I would like you to find key information about one or two relating careers. I would like you to find:
- What is your education.com Persona?
- What is your career personality?
- What are 1 – 2 job titles you are interested in after your findings?
- What are 3 – 4 job tasks required in the job descriptions?
- What is the average weekly earnings for career?
- What is the career’s growth or decline projected as?
- Education required? Education medium?
- What are 2 – 3 states you’d be interested in living or visiting for college or career?
- Find ONE college or career tech training service that would provide you with a degree sufficient for said career.
- If you have ever done this before (Pre-tech), how have your results changed over the years?
Place all this information into a PDF document and upload as careerEx.pdf to your week_4 folder.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Career Pathways and Exploration Cont.
This morning we will be diving into TWO colleges of your choice to compare and contrast. Looking for a few key bits of information that we will need to keep for reference as we go through our college unit. I want you all to find what major best suits you, what deadlines are around applications, ACT/SAT requirements, and even living costs in specific areas.
College / Trade School Info Requirements
- Degree / Major
- 2 year, 4 year Technical Certification or other
- When are the application deadlines (early, normal and late)
- Do they accept or require SAT / ACT
- Link to the application
- Cost of application
- Essay prompt or questionare
- Cost per year with and without dorms
Living Costs Requirements
- Location of where you’d like to POSSIBLY live
- How much is independent living per month (rent)?
- How much for transportation? Car, bus, train, ubers?
- Basic financial needs? (food, entertainment, internet, etc.)
ACT / SAT Info Requirements
- Registration dates this year and next
- Test dates this year
- Testing location nearest you
Compile all this information on a single PDF document. Upload that document as collegeInfo.pdf to your week_4 folder.
12:05 Tidy Up Desks
Since we have Open House tonight, I would like you all to take a minute to tidy up your desks.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 JQuery Information Based App
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- You will post a Photo, Objective, and Challenge into one post