Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- B Day.
- TOMORROW we will all be going to the UVM College fair with Emmy. You will all be given a scavenger hunt to help guide you to more information at the college fair. Bus will leave at 9:40AM. No later. If you arrive late, you will be posted up in student services.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 College Fair Scavenger Hunt
Tomorrow during our time at the college fair, you will be assigned to find 5 key pieces from 5 different college. You may not use information from the college used today. You will go around the fair tomorrow talking to different vendors to find:
Scavenger Hunt Requirements:
- What degree does a specific school have closest to your interests?
- What are some major deadlines for admissions?
- What is the general tuition cost for a specific school?
- What is one extra curricular activity from a specific school you’d be interested in?
- What kind of dorm / living conditions does a specific school have?
Record each answer onto some sort of document. Paper, google drive PDF, text that you later convert to something you can hand in to me.
10:00 Career Pathways and Exploration
This morning we will be diving into ONE college of choice. Looking for a few key bits of information that we will need to keep for reference as we go through our college unit. I want you to look up a single college, to find what major best suits you, what deadlines are around application, ACT/SAT requirements, and even living costs in specific areas.
College / Trade School Info Requirements
- Degree / Major
- 2 year, 4 year Technical Certification or other
- When are the application deadlines (early, normal and late)
- Do they accept or require SAT / ACT
- Link to the application
- Cost of application
- Essay prompt or questionare
- Cost per year with and without dorms
Living Costs Requirements
- Location of where you’d like to POSSIBLY live
- How much is independent living per month (rent)?
- How much for transportation? Car, bus, train, ubers?
- Basic financial needs? (food, entertainment, internet, etc.)
ACT / SAT Info Requirements
- Registration dates this year and next
- Test dates this year
- Testing location nearest you
Compile all this information on a single PDF document. Upload that document as collegeInfo.pdf to your week_4 folder.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
Robots! Be nice to Mrs. Ligouri. Listen. Go science!
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance (No article, straight to movie)
12:40 Helvetica the Movie
While we are watching this movie, I want you to take notes. ON PAPER. Your computer screens will be put to sleep. You will be watching and listening, using those great skills I know you all have. No chit chats, no cell phones, and lets keep exiting the room to a minimum.
- 10 Notes on the movie
- Favorite part/scene/point
- Least favorite part/scene/point
- Your views on Helvetica
- Your views on Typography
- Do you have more empathy for graphic designers?
- Would you care to try being a Typographer?
When complete sign and date your sheet and hand them in to me.