Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- A Day.
- TODAY we will all be going to the UVM College fair with Emmy. You will all be given a scavenger hunt to help guide you to more information at the college fair. Bus will leave at 9:40AM. No later. If you arrive late, you will be posted up in student services.
- HW Club?
College Fair Scavenger Hunt
Today during our time at the college fair, you will be assigned to find 5 key pieces from 5 different college. You may not use information from the college used today. You will go around the fair tomorrow talking to different vendors to find:
Scavenger Hunt Requirements:
- What degree does a specific school have closest to your interests?
- What are some major deadlines for admissions?
- What is the general tuition cost for a specific school?
- What is one extra curricular activity from a specific school you’d be interested in?
- What kind of dorm / living conditions does a specific school have?
Record each answer onto some sort of document. Paper, google drive PDF, text that you later convert to something you can hand in to me.
??:?? College Research and Web Site
Today and next week you will be creating a website of what colleges you might want to attend next year. I know many of you plan on going to college but may be procrastinating.
- Color palette screen shot from colourlovers. Save as color.png and uploaded to college folder.
Schedule for the week:
- Wednesday (today): Research
- Thursday: Research, Organize
- Tuesday: Build
- Wednesday: Build, Photo?
- Thursday: Build
Pages (Italics is for PM):
- Home (quick Bio)
- College 1
- College 2
- College 3
- College 4 (PM)
- Job 1
- Job 2
- Job 3 (PM)
- SAT or ACT
- Freelance Business (Both PM)
Home Page Requirements:
- Photo of you. Lets find a professional one, or lets take one if you need.
- 75 – 150 words on who you are and what your plan is for next year. What you would like to do, why, how will you accomplish this.
- Resume linked to as PDF. If you do not have one, lets make one or update.
College Page Requirements:
- Pretty header image of school
- Degree major
- 2 year, 4 year or either
- When are the application deadlines (early, normal and late)
- Do they accept or require SAT / ACT
- Link to the application
- Cost of application
- Essay prompt or questionare
- Cost per year w/dorms
Job Page Requirements:
- How to apply
- Date job application closes
- Skills required
- Experience required
- Program knowledge requirements
- Schooling required
- Starting pay
- Minimum cost to live where job is
ACT / SAT Page Requirements
- Registration dates this year and next
- Test dates this year
- Testing location nearest you
When you are ready to start creating your college site, please make a folder called college outside your week folders. We will be working on this for over one week.