Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- A Day
- First Student Council meeting is today at 11:30 to 12:45. Haley, Soren, Carner, Goodman, AND Sarah will all be representing us for student council.
- As of right now, Building Tech has received their CPR certifications which they need to complete and get back ASAP. We were planning an taking pictures with them this morning, but this is something that has to get done. Photos may get postponed to after lunch or another day. We will make this work.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 CTE Flat Icons
CAWD2 has been asked to help out our new CTE website in the form of an icon set. For the entirety of the day, you will be asked to create a single flat icon per CTE program. Below you will see the programs listed. You will figure out what you believe to be a single object that could represent each program.
You are NOT just going to flaticons.com and grabbing an icon you think best fits a program. You are creating NEW icons. You may use flat icons as inspirations, but you may not download and copy any of them.
I strongly recommend using Illustrator for this. If you are using Photoshop, please make sure you document settings are appropriate for small file sizes. Double check your DPI.
- 256 x 256
- ONE Style
- One for each program
- Only Black
- NO TEXT
- Automotive Technology
- Building Technology
- Computer Systems Technology
- Computer Animation and Web Design
- Dental Assisting
- Design and Creative Media
- Childhood Education and Human Services
- Engineering and Architectural Design
- Natural Resources – Forestry and Agriculture
- Natural Resources – Mechanical
- Professional Foods
- Health Informatics
- Residential Building Trades
- Building Systems
When you are complete, make sure to save each icon as a SVG file with the appropriate program name (ex: cawd.svg auto.svg proFoods.svg). Save your original ai or psd file as cteIcons.ai or .psd and put that in the folder too. Place all of these files into a .zip folder called cteIcons.zip into your week_5 folder.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 CTE Flat Icons Cont.
11:30 Student Council Leaves
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
Depending on thow the day goes, we may push lunch an extra 5 minutes for our student council reps to return. This means good and respectful productivity during the day. For people who still have afternoon classes, they will need to get to class.