Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- B Day
- Tomorrow is going to be a “Client” day. We have been asked by multiple people around CTE for our expertise. Will Bohman has asked us to create Icon sets for all programs. Chris Welch has asked us to take photos of his students and houses made by building tech. Today I may ask a few of you to “volunteer” for one or both of these.
- All HTML and HTML5 tags.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 College Research and Web Site Cont.
Today and next week you will be creating a website of what colleges you might want to attend next year. I know many of you plan on going to college but may be procrastinating.
- Color palette screen shot from colourlovers. Save as color.png and uploaded to college folder.
Schedule for the week:
- Wednesday (today): Research
- Thursday: Research, Organize
- Tuesday: Research, Build
- Wednesday: Build, Photo?
- Thursday: Build
Pages (Italics is for PM):
- Home (quick Bio)
- College 1
- College 2
- College 3
- College 4 (PM)
- Job 1
- Job 2
- Job 3 (PM)
- SAT or ACT
- Freelance Business (Both PM)
Home Page Requirements:
- Photo of you. Lets find a professional one, or lets take one if you need.
- 75 – 150 words on who you are and what your plan is for next year. What you would like to do, why, how will you accomplish this.
- Resume linked to as PDF. If you do not have one, lets make one or update.
College Page Requirements:
- Pretty header image of school
- Degree major
- 2 year, 4 year or either
- When are the application deadlines (early, normal and late)
- Do they accept or require SAT / ACT
- Link to the application
- Cost of application
- Essay prompt or questionare
- Cost per year w/dorms
Job Page Requirements:
- How to apply
- Date job application closes
- Skills required
- Experience required
- Program knowledge requirements
- Schooling required
- Starting pay
- Minimum cost to live where job is
ACT / SAT Page Requirements
- Registration dates this year and next
- Test dates this year
- Testing location nearest you
Freelance Business Page
- Area of work (Web / 3d / photo)
- Domain name
- Domain cost
- Hosting cost
- Location cost per month (rent space?)
- Internet cost per month (hosting? Comcast?)
- Computer needed cost
- Software needed and cost
When you are ready to start creating your college site, please make a folder called college outside your week folders. We will be working on this for over one week.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 College Research and Web Site Cont.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Story Boarding
When creating a movie, short story, or simple animation, you always have to start with a story or basis to a story. Once the idea is created (normally written onto paper), the writer will hand off the script to a storyboard artist to visually create the story so directors can get a better feel of what it will look like. After the storyboard is created, it will then be pitched to the directors for approval and critiques.
What I will have you do is create a story board to a fairly broad idea of a script. Everyone’s will most likely be different, but this will just make the presentations more interesting.
I will be placing you in groups of three to get the idea of teamwork and the idea of groups possibly having conflicting ideas. You must convey in some way all the elements below. You will have 20 note cards and must fill at least 15 of them.
At the bottom of your card you must note:
Your presentations will be 4 minutes long, not shorter or longer. If you finish before the 4 minutes are up, you will be awkwardly standing in front of the class. Do a jig or something.
- Bruce, Carner, Soren
- Goodman, Witham Cardosi
- Conor, Haley, Sarah, Reid
- Main Character: Just some Dude (The most generic of generic)
- Time: Romantic Sunset
- Location: Super Heavily Wooded space
- Conflict: Falls in love with a bear. Bear may or may not love him back.
We will be presenting these today at 1:40. And this will be due for week_4.