Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- HW Club today – I need to sign anyone up for the bus before break. Who needs a ride?
- Keep asking around for the Krispy Kreme Fundraiser so we can get that Nintendo Switch! If you need forms, I have some. Or just get money. We really just want the money…
- Inktober Design HW due on Monday 3pm. Just a reminder for the long weekend.
- Enjoy the looong weekend. Come back Monday recharged. I’ve got meetings tomorrow… wooh!
9:40 Attendance and Article
You will first all need to make a Codecademy account. It is free AND you get a FREE week of Codecademy Pro. I would take advantage of this over your next 7 days.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
During this time we will be having our Digital Image Manipulation presentations. Focus on what you did for the project, and practice comfort in talking about your work.
Check out some of these presentation tips.
Remember to tweet your progress BEFORE Lunch.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Google 20%
UPDATE: Who is thinking SkillsUSA teams? This can include Web, Game, or 3D Animation for the group competitions. T-shirt and Pin are later. I want to gauge interest. If you are thinking of doing one of these contests, you should probably be using this time to start making that game or diving hard into code / animations. This is truly up to you. Later in the year (Feb-Mar.) we will have dedicated time for SkillsUSA preparation, but I would not rely solely on that for creating a game.
I am giving you all TWO AFTERNOONS this year for google 20%. I did this for two big key reasons:
- Ability to continue projects more seamlessly from week to week.
- Allow every student (who doesn’t leave on both afternoons) to get a google 20% each week.
I truly do feel we make our best work when our creativity can flourish. Set yourself a reasonable SCOPE for a project and go from there.
Self-directed time for a topic of choice. It can be anything CAWD related. Go out, find a couple tutorials, maybe some inspiration for a specific piece of art, or learn a new skill altogether. Rough topics below to maybe help you out:
I’ll be going around at 1:00 every Tuesday & Friday to gather your topics. You can always continue your projects from week to week (I highly encourage that your do!), but I need to see significant progress.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- You will post a Photo, Objective, and Challenge into one post