Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- A Day
- Welcome back from a loooong weekend. Hope everyone was able to get some rest…. Everyone make it to CCV college?
- Money for Nintendo Switch, I mean Doughnuts, Must be in by Friday, Oct. 29th. Let’s all agree to have the money in by Thursday instead.
- Have Costumes ready for next Wednesday! Halloween! Spoooooky.
- Can you Inktober this hard?
- Today we will be having a Visitor shadow CAWD. They are looking to see how we do things. Fun things. Good things.
- Doors locked right after school. Meetings woot woot!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Kripsy Kreme Fundraiser
- CAWD wants to win! (This isn’t even a competition…)
- $10 / Dozen
- All forms and Money must be in by Oct. 29th.
- Donuts will be dropped off @ CTE on Nov. 5th.
- CAWD wants to buy a Nintendo Switch. Think of the game days…
- I know your great grandmother wants donuts. Everyone wants donuts. Let’s all buy donuts!
9:45 LAST Inktober Design Homework
Inktober is among us and so the festivities commence!
This month we will be participating in Inktober in the method of the “5K race”. We will be posting Tweets on Monday Mornings our progress we made over the week.
“Note: you can do it daily, or go the half-marathon route and post every other day, or just do the 5K and post once a week. What ever you decide, just be consistent with it. Inktober is about growing and improving and forming positive habits, so the more you’re consistent the better.”
Since we have a whole week to draw our ONE Inktober sketch, you will be able to choose any of the prompts in the week. THIS WEEK: Prompts 22-31
With all the prompts, I want you all to focus in –
You may draw your sketch in the same rules as Inktober, or with our slightly modified rules. You may:
- Use digital (tablets)
- Not use ink at all (just pencil / color)
When complete, please sign & date, post a tweet with #inktober and #(your prompt).
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Putting things into corrects folders.
- Naming our documents correctly
- Uploading Videos into the Google shared folders
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Science w/ Mrs. Ligouri
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 90 Minute Joomla Web Test
A great thing about Joomla that we will be using is the ability to make a sort of “mock” website before actually downloading Joomla. This is called Joomla Launch. We can create a quick domain name (must be all lowercase), and we have a site. Free for 30 days.
Things we will be going over for Joomla:
- C Panel
As Halloween is getting closer and closer, some of my projects might get the spook bug….
I’ll be asking you all to take these Joomla sites and Spooktober them for me. I would like you to all find 3 classic Halloween Monsters and create a sort of Halloween website through Joomla.
- Home Page (Definition of Halloween)
- 3 Monsters
When complete, take a screen shot of the Home Page and One Monster Page, Upload those into a Joomla Folder and name them home.jpg and monster.jpg, all inside your week_9 folder.
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- You will post a Photo, Objective, and Challenge into one post