Class Hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
Classroom Available: 9:20 – 2:35 (Except Tuesdays @ 2:05 – Staff Meetings)
- B Day
- Break is staying like it did end of last week, but lunch is going back to normal 30mins.
- No Science today or Tomorrow. But we WILL have 1hr of science this Thursday to start our robots for Battle / Sumo Bots.
- Game Day this Friday. Let’s start thinking of money for food, and what we will bring in for entertainment. Jump to the food document I use every time, and start adding to the list.
- Champlain Valley Games Expo on Saturday was really really fun. Luminescent got some good feedback and gameplay. Fun display. I got so many business cards, thick paper, raised letters, soft edges, mmmmmmm….. weird??? Sorry…
9:45 VR 3D Museum Portfolios
If anyone missed any of those steps, and feels like they want to do it themselves, here is a youtube link.
Today we will focus on gathering of projects to display into these rooms. Below is a short list of requirements I would like you all to have in your rooms. Mainly so we have enough to pick up and throw around.
- 8 total pieces of your favorite works (C1 or C2)
- At least 2 models (3D)
- A title and 1 sentence description for a label we will create
For pieces of work that are more 2D or flat images, we will need to create picture frames for us to display them on. Yes you may use a simple picture frame, but YOU need to create it.
Below is a former CAWD student Nate Walter’s VR space. He really went above and beyond creating an entire environment. Not every piece of work was in the scene at the time of photo, but a lot of things to pick up and throw around.
Below is Carner’s from last year. Shadows were a little hard, but the big rock display in the middle was fun to destroy and mess around with.
Put all your files into a folder in a place you will remember. COPY all your files into another folder so we are not accidentally moving / deleting files. Once you have all your pieces, create that simple document you can save as a pdf into that same folder. I’m not asking you to upload this folder. Keep it in a place you know where it will be.
If you collect all your works before the lunch time, take a look below at some room aesthetic for your own museum room.
Keep in mind things that make up your room. Things like benches, lights, frames, and mantels. All of these should be separate, but most important pieces to making the room look nice.
10:40 Break (20 Minutes)
11:00 VR 3D Museum Portfolios
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:45 VR 3D Museum Portfolios
- 1:55 computers are asleep.
- I’ll open up all the Twitter accounts
- TWO things you were able to get done in your day.
- ONE thing you were unable to get done, but will get to soon.