Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- A Day (Normal week???)
- Champlain Game Festival went awesome. Bunch of CAWD1 students showed up. Some really good games. Some really good feedback. Connecting with a guy who helped make Rocket League AND Battlefield?? Crazy stuff. Fade’s Instagram page.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Light Saber – Filming
Essex Hourly Weather (This weather outside is not as good as last week. Something we HAVE to roll with.)
Last week I didn’t see a whole lot of filming / production. I want to be able to see groups working together and getting some footage before we bring out the drone. Let’s make sure to use our time as productive as possible, and work around the weather before we take drone shots.
(Some Video Settings Tips)
This morning we are going to focus of writing our screenplays. I want us all to have a script for us to follow, as winging a film project is not the way to go.
- The Slugline (Description of scene)
- The Action (Paragraph of what is happening in the scene – Present tense)
- Character Name (Centered – In front of anything the character is about to do / say)
- Dialogue (Quotes – Talk in character voice)
- Parentheses (Basic descriptions that help the dialogue and scene)
Today we will be starting the ol’ faithful Light Saber project. I’m sure you’ve seen the videos a hundred times, but they are good and funny. One day, you could be the face of CAWD too. Lets start off with teams/groups, jobs and requirements.
Jobs: (Before break)
- 1 Director (must be organized and confident / loud)
- 2 Actors
- 1-2 Camera People
- 10 Shots
- 1 – 3 Drone Shots (no more)
- 5 different angles – video of good shots
- At Least 45 seconds in length and max 2 minutes
- Shallow DOF
- NO LIGHT SABERS BEHIND CHARACTERS – trust me on this.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
Robots! Be nice to Mrs. Ligouri. Listen. Go science!
We will be working with new robots. One that will for sure take over the world some day.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Light Saber – Film
Once you show me your story board and screenplay, you are good to start filming. Keep in mind:
- Consistent Clothing
- Consistent Hair
- Weather for Inside / Outside shots
Computers off or asleep. Check work and go. Check Dailies