Class hours: 9:40am – 2:05pm
- B Day.
- Game Day on Thursday. Let us plan a little:
- What are we doing for food? We have a little from last year. Couple pop tarts, couple bags of chips. We can do better than this. Let’s plan either a money drop or individual contribution.
- GAMES!!! Consoles, computers, board games, card games, so on. We do not have monitors here to use. Bring in all the equipment you feel like you need to play games all day.
- 7/8 Classes. You must attend your 7/8 class unless you organize with your teacher. If you are asking to stay back for Game Day you must tell the truth. You are asking to play video games.
- All caught up. You must be all caught up in CAWD and outside classwork. I will be reaching out to teachers today to see how you are all doing. You can take it into your own hands to see if you are missing anything too.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Site Maintenance
- Check the “What is Due“.
- Time for college HW?
- All other classes caught up?
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
Robots! Be nice to Mrs. Ligouri. Listen. Go science!
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Level Design
Over the next few days, we will be designing our levels for our moba game. Noted before, I was thinking of having one central computer that has the “main” level and giving everyone the same level after that. Instead, I would like us all to plan out a level individually. Below is the process we need to follow to make a decent level.
Top Down Layout
First we will draw a top down perspective of our level. We need to make sure we have a few things in our levels and drawings. We should make this as detailed as possible. Below is a small checklist of must haves:
- Point A (Start)
- Point B (Enemy Start)
- Central Point
- Clear path between A and B for enemies
- 6 Towers
- Pick up locations (3 pickups)
Drawing Requirements (descriptions):
- Where is your starting point?
- Where are all your pickups?
- Where are a majority of your assets going?
- Where are your 6 towers that need to be destroyed going?
- Descriptions on side of levels about:
- Asset placement
- Lighting tone
- Level / character sizes
- more more more
When complete sign and date in your sketchbooks.
We need to make a larger list of assets that will be necessary for our designs. Almost everyone should have a tree, fence, pumpkin, a some sort of light. After drawing your level and understanding the scope of your map, make a list of extra assets that will be needed for the remainder of the scene.
- more trees
- pick ups
Make a list in your sketchbooks next to or close to your level design. Sign and date this as well in your sketchbooks.
START to create in Unity
We can START to create our own levels. We should stay true to our levels drawn in our sketchbooks.
Things I know we can start with right now:
- We can make the generic path on our terrain with just paint/textures, grass and mountains.
- We can place trees, fencing, pumpkins and light sources around our path.
- We can define our start and end points.