This next college assignment will be combining the three areas of focus for Web Dev:
You are going to build a Idle / Clicker game. These games are also referred to as incremental games. Incremental games are video games whose gameplay consists of the player performing simple actions such as clicking on the screen repeatedly to earn currency. In some games, even the clicking becomes unnecessary after a time, as the game plays itself, including in the player’s absence, hence the moniker “idle game”.
In short I want you to create a game which:
- creates points / currency when you click
- allows you to buy upgrades to increase clicks
- establishes some sort of “auto-clicker” (at least 1) where the game will run without a human clicking the mouse
To be eligible for the “A, B, or C” you must create a game that hits on the three bullets above at a minimum.
The theme of the game is up to you. An example by Avery from Cawd2 (2 years ago) who is currently at Champlain in the Game Programming major – Meme Farmer.
You are going to upload this project to your “webDev” folder to a folder called “week_06″. Upload your website to this folder (using an index.html). Make sure that you upload css / images folders and other assets.
- Assigned Wednesday, May 15th (at noon)
- Due Friday, May 31st at 9:45. This project is presented to the class. All Web Dev students (including Cawd2 students) will present to Cawd and we will all play your game. Afterwards the students will rate your work. Highest rated project gets at 105 for this specific assignment – which will have an enormous impact on your grade for this college class. Other projects graded normally.