Web Dev 2 assignment
Web Dev 2 will focus on different media types commonly used in Web Design and Development. You are going to create a website where you learn about different media types, file formats, etc, that you can use on the web. You are going to get a little information on each and synthesize into an organized website.
You are going to create a 3 page website. Your three pages will be focused on:
- imagery (index.html)
You are going to research the following formats:
Your website will be organized into 3 pages. For each format “section” you are going to follow the same format, as seen below. This will let you, users, and I quickly and easily scan your information to pick out main ideas without having to read a different information layout for each section. You 3 pages will have different sections. Images will have 4 sections, sound 2, and video 3.
Each page should have a header at the top (created as art, no text based header) which says “Formats”. We are going to create the header as a piece of art, not text.
For each section / file type organize in the following way:
- Heading with format name and extension. This can be text.
- Image representing format (same size for all formats, think something stylistic, maybe only reveal portion of the original image). Maybe something like this for each format.
- Headings and paragraphs that answer the following questions (questions as headings (maybe h3’s or h4’s?) / your answers as paragraphs):
- When was format created?
- Who created it? Person or organization?
- What is the format best suited for?
- Is the format lossy or lossless? (Learn what this is first…)
- How does format affect speed of using online? Are downloads quick and easy? Is the file size prohibitively large for online use? Etc.
- What are two pros of the format relative to other formats?
- What are two cons of the format relative to other formats?
What to turn in:
You are going to upload this valid html5 project to your “webDev” folder to a folder called “week_02″. Make sure you use the correct index.html file name as stated above so it auto loads.
- Assigned Wednesday March 1st (3pm)
- Due Wednesday March 15th (3pm)