When working with visitors (30Mins ish)
Visitors come in two shifts. For us:
- 10:05 – 10:30
- 11:05 – 11:30
Steps of having a successful visit:
- Introduce yourself: Talk about yourself a tiny bit. It’s not arrogant. Try to learn about the visitor a bit too. Have fun, don’t be awkward.
- Review all the examples of work in the public. The folder will be called cawdBest. It’s a collection of the best stuff from the years of CAWD.
- Show off our Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Vimeo)
- Show them some of your work from this year and last year.
- Open Photoshop, illustrator, After Effects, UE4, Unity, any program really to show off an example of how to do something.
- If you finish early (you shouldn’t) get the visitor to do something in a program. Become the teacher. Teach them instead of show them how to make/do something.