When working with visitors (30 minutes):
You will get visitors during 1 of 2 shifts in the AM:
- 9:35 – 10:05 (They may be here before you arrive. If waiting at your seat go with the flow.)
- 10:35 – 11:05
When seated with your visitor:
- Introduce yourself to your guest. Where are you from, etc. They are probably more nervous than you are. Let’s make everyone feel welcome.
- Have your visitor fill out this form first.
- Show off the pieces of work on the bottom of this page.
- Open a program and show them your work.
- Show off your 3 best projects that you would like to talk about. What are your 3 best projects?
- If you finish early (don’t finish early) open up a project and get them working to make something. You could teach them / they could try out:
- Building a basic landscape in Ue4, drive around.
- Try out restoration (use sailor as a starting point?)
- Animate something in Maya.
- …what are you good at that you could teach?
- I am taking them from you at 10:05 and 11:05. No awkward silence. You are their tour guide, do your best.
Facts about creative careers in Vermont over the next 10 years:
- Jobs in design (web design, game design, etc) have increased 45% in the last 10 years.
- Median Salary of:
- Creative Directors – $90,000.00
- Web Developers – $81,820
- Game Designers, and Animators – $62,000.00
- Film and video editors – $66,715.00
- Graphic Designers – $39,860