Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- No Quiz tomorrow.
- Bring in any stage setters for your Final Still Life sketch which will be from 11-12:10 tomorrow. As I said Monday, you could draw from an image but there is just something about drawing form a real 3d scene. Plan ahead! If you also have your own art supplies from home like Copic Markers please bring them in – no paint!
- Today I am leaving at 12:45 to get my ankle checked on at the doctors. We are not having an afternoon article, and today is your final day to finish this weeks Design Contest Progress. Questions please let me know beforehand.
- Remember back to back B days today and tomorrow as EHS doesn’t have school tomorrow. No student from EHS got me information about needing a ride, so I assume you are all good to go.
9:40 Attendance and Article
- Review of
- Basic JS setup and linking
- Input type of text
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 Morning Web Design Exercise: Mad Lib
This morning we are going create a digital version of the classic childhood text game, the mad lib.
In this game which I played often on road trips (yes, I am old and didn’t have a cell phone back in the day), you have a story in which there are blanked out words. You have to add in nouns, foods, colors, adjectives, etc, and in the end you often have a humorous story. For some reason the memory of adding “toilet” resonates with me. I giggled as I added in “toilet” everywhere.
- Create a single html document called “index.html” in a folder called “madLib”.
- Setup with external JS and CSS.
- College 10 inputs at the top of the page with a “Generate Story” button.
- Once the button is pushed, the story is revealed at the bottom of the screen with the inputs entered.
- Style appropriately for a kids game, and ensure your MadLib is responsive.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:45 Week 27 and 28 Design Competition Focus: Animator or Graphic Designer
Check back to the Monday / Tuesday Dayplan for specifics, but in general:
- Graphic Designers – 5 draft sketches, full size, separate pieces of paper.
- Animators – Rough Cut of animation.
You have a sub this afternoon – be good, I want a good report when I arrive Friday.