Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Big ups to Cole and Liam!
- Welcome to Week 34!
- We are having visitors from the Shelburne Community School this Thursday, as well as some other rando’s that are looking at Cawd for next year (yes even though we are full and have a wait list, I don’t know, Emmy still wants them to visit). Beyond my pay grade, just get ready to smile. We are going back to “normal” 25-30 minute visits as the longer ones made me awkward and uncomfortable.
- Job Shadow Schedule – first shadows are this week! Thursday and Friday!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Design Homework 34 | Ear
As we move through the 4th quarter we have explored and practice the topics of:
- portrait ratios
- lips / mouth
This week we are going to focus on the ear.
Use the following resource (or any that you prefer) to give be a front view of an ear. Sign and date, due 1 week from today.
9:50 Site Maintenance
- Check the Week 33 “What is due”.
- Study for the quiz on Friday.
- Get any and all late work in so you aren’t required to stay after school Friday.
10:30 Liam and Cole Present their Week 33 Floating Island Pre-Production
10:40 Week 34 Floating Island “Production Week” introduction
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Week 34 Floating Island “Production Week”
By now we have all presented the Pre-production of “Floating Island”. We have established:
- “Floating” design elements you want to incorporate.
- “Island” design elements you want to incorporate.
- Your role / the medium you want to work in.
- Your first draft.
Week 34 is going to be focused on the heavy lifting of production. Work as fast as possible. Don’t forget that this week is B, A, B, B, A. So students that are here “A” day afternoons will only get a single afternoon session for direct production before Presentations Friday, while students here “B” day afternoons will get 3 days. Due to this I am going to give you about an hour of time Thursday morning around visitors until 11 to work on Production as well.
Friday morning you will present to a “complete” version of your work depending on the the role you have chosen:
- Digital Painter and work in Photoshop. Final product will be static .jpg/.psd’s at 1080p.
- Illustrator and work in Illustrator. Final product will be static .jpg/.ai’s at 1080p.
- 3D Environmental Artist and work in in Blender with Photoshop for final touches. Final product will be single static .jpg at 1080p.
- Level Designer in Blender / Unreal. Final product will be level walkthrough .mp4 at 1080p (if we can / 720p as fallback).
Present just the work – no Google Slide based presentation required. After you present we will all fill out a form that gives you constructive criticism to work on during Week 35’s “Editing / Revision” production time. Your final grade in Week 35 for “Floating Island” will be a before / after comparing:
- What you present this week for Week 34’s Production work product.
- What you present for Week 35’s Editing/Revision work product taking the constructive criticism into account.