Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- Happy Birthday Lisa!
- Visitors from the Shelburne Community School today. Early break to accommodate. Start with the visitor info form as normal.
- First Session (9:40 – 10:05)
- Matisse working with Jay.
- Second Session (10:40 – 11:05)
- Lisa working with Gabriel.
- First Session (9:40 – 10:05)
- Doors locked immediately after school due to a meeting in the room.
- Brennan, Austin, Hunter and Jean-Marie your job shadow is rescheduled to Tuesday May 21st.
- DeLu your Ben and Jerry’s rep is out of the office tomorrow and we are trying to reschedule to Wednesday May 22nd. I will confirm with you once I know.
- Job Shadow Schedule – ever evolving.
- Quiz tomorrow!
- Floating Island Production Presentations Tomorrow!
- Today at lunch there is will be a Roll-Over “Convincer” (simulator)-M-Wing driveway. This demonstrates what happens in a vehicle when seat belts aren’t worn. You like rollercoasters? Check it out.
- Tomorrow as part of safety week we are going to a mock crash at 1:20 to the end of the day, so we will be dismissed from outside. Plan to be outside if the weather isn’t raining.
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Visitors from the Shelburne Community School
Floating Island Production
10:10 Break (15 Minutes)
10:25 Floating Island Production
Study Group with Mr. Irwin
- Need notecards by break Friday.
10:35 Visitors from the Shelburne Community School
11:05 Morning Client Work: VDDA
Let’s talk about the requirements in terms of pages, and start finalizing colors and css. The client last night picked Ben’s logo.
If we have time we can talk about building the actual pages.
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Week 34 Floating Island “Production Week”
By now we have all presented the Pre-production of “Floating Island”. We have established:
- “Floating” design elements you want to incorporate.
- “Island” design elements you want to incorporate.
- Your role / the medium you want to work in.
- Your first draft.
Week 34 is going to be focused on the heavy lifting of production. Work as fast as possible. Don’t forget that this week is B, A, B, B, A. So students that are here “A” day afternoons will only get a single afternoon session for direct production before Presentations Friday, while students here “B” day afternoons will get 3 days. Due to this I am going to give you about an hour of time Thursday morning around visitors until 11 to work on Production as well.
Friday morning you will present to a “complete” version of your work depending on the the role you have chosen:
- Digital Painter and work in Photoshop. Final product will be static .jpg/.psd’s at 1080p.
- Illustrator and work in Illustrator. Final product will be static .jpg/.ai’s at 1080p.
- 3D Environmental Artist and work in in Blender with Photoshop for final touches. Final product will be single static .jpg at 1080p.
- Level Designer in Blender / Unreal. Final product will be level walkthrough .mp4 at 1080p (if we can / 720p as fallback).
Present just the work – no Google Slide based presentation required. After you present we will all fill out a form that gives you constructive criticism to work on during Week 35’s “Editing / Revision” production time. Your final grade in Week 35 for “Floating Island” will be a before / after comparing:
- What you present this week for Week 34’s Production work product.
- What you present for Week 35’s Editing/Revision work product taking the constructive criticism into account.