Class hours: 9:40 – 2:05
- We are having visitors tomorrow from Shelburne Community School. Students will be paired up in tomorrow’s Dayplan, but safe to say Lisa and Matisse will have visitors as they are alumni of the school. Others will be included as well.
- Visitor cancelled today.
- Today there is Golf Cart driving while texting in the afternoons outside during lunch – we did this last year with some interesting results – Cam killed a cone. Maybe we can ask mBisson for an extra 10 of lunch of this interests you?
- This explains it.
- Job Shadows start tomorrow and Friday!
- Web Dev 5 is due today for students in the college class!
9:40 Attendance and Article
9:45 Morning Client Work: VDDA
- “logo…colors brighter?”
- “I got ahold of the girls – what do you think about making the colors brighter? They think it’s a little ‘boring’.”
- Maybe the mountains not so dark?
First, we all will all read a nice comic story that deals with working with clients. This isn’t that bad, my only concern is we had a singular point person at the organization to work the design through, and now we are going to “design by committee”, which can be … problematic.
- Take the client input into account. At the same time I want you to have some freedom with the sun / birds. Make it your own while feeling 100% like their existing design. No dolphins, no Megatron, no memes.
- Export your version as a png. Save into the “vdaaLogo” folder as “yourlastName.png” at .5x size. This folder is on the public.
- Once we all have a version of this in the folder we go to break at 10:45 – if this means your break doesn’t start until 10:52 as one of you is late, so be it.
10:45 Break (15 Minutes)
11:00 English with Mr. Bisson
12:10 Lunch (30 Minutes)
12:40 Attendance and Article
12:45 Week 34 Floating Island “Production Week”
By now we have all presented the Pre-production of “Floating Island”. We have established:
- “Floating” design elements you want to incorporate.
- “Island” design elements you want to incorporate.
- Your role / the medium you want to work in.
- Your first draft.
Week 34 is going to be focused on the heavy lifting of production. Work as fast as possible. Don’t forget that this week is B, A, B, B, A. So students that are here “A” day afternoons will only get a single afternoon session for direct production before Presentations Friday, while students here “B” day afternoons will get 3 days. Due to this I am going to give you about an hour of time Thursday morning around visitors until 11 to work on Production as well.
Friday morning you will present to a “complete” version of your work depending on the the role you have chosen:
- Digital Painter and work in Photoshop. Final product will be static .jpg/.psd’s at 1080p.
- Illustrator and work in Illustrator. Final product will be static .jpg/.ai’s at 1080p.
- 3D Environmental Artist and work in in Blender with Photoshop for final touches. Final product will be single static .jpg at 1080p.
- Level Designer in Blender / Unreal. Final product will be level walkthrough .mp4 at 1080p (if we can / 720p as fallback).
Present just the work – no Google Slide based presentation required. After you present we will all fill out a form that gives you constructive criticism to work on during Week 35’s “Editing / Revision” production time. Your final grade in Week 35 for “Floating Island” will be a before / after comparing:
- What you present this week for Week 34’s Production work product.
- What you present for Week 35’s Editing/Revision work product taking the constructive criticism into account.